ten.

ten.

alexander.

I stormed to Anthony's room and didn't knock before literally kicking it open. The door flew off its hinges and clattered loudly to the floor.

"A knock would have sufficed," Anthony said boredly, not even looking up from his book.

"Shut the hell up, you arrogant prick. Where is Evelyn?" I snarled.

Anthony, who had still been reading, lifted his head curiously, one of his brows arched with interest. "You cannot find her?"

"Enough. She's too sensitive to be played with like this. She has been through enough. For her sake, tell me where you've hidden her."

Even as sly as my brother was, I could tell he was serious now. His brows and forehead always gave away his emotions. His brows were now furrowed and a line was creasing in his forehead. "How long has your little wolf been missing?"

"She went to get a late breakfast this morning and told Ma she'd be right back. Ma waited forty five minutes before looking for her and couldn't find a trace except some mashed muffins in the trash. That was four hours ago," I explained. "If this is your doing-"

"I do actually like Miss Evelyn. I may be a bit rougher with her than you, but I wouldn't frighten her like this. Besides, her loyalty lies with you. As does mine."

Part of me hoped it was him that had her, as it would end this drama quickly. This only complicated things further, but it was at least one more set of eyes looking for her. Not to mention Anthony had a knack for tracking people.

"Do you think she ran?"

"No. I cannot explain it but my gut tells me someone did something to her. For a moment, I thought I felt her fear," I muttered. "Or heard her cries. When you were harming her, she cried for help and I heard it. But now I hear nothing. Either she is far away, she's injured, or she is unconscious."

My wolf growled darkly at the thought of someone touching our girl, imagining the bloodshed that would occur soon when we found who hid her from me. I'd tear them to unrecognizable pieces.

evelyn.

I wasn't sure how long I had been down there. My guess was close to two days, but there weren't any windows or sounds around that I could attempt to discern time of day. But by how hungry and thirsty and weak I was becoming, I knew it was way too long.

I couldn't believe that woman actually left me down here for this long. I wasn't that much of a threat, was I? I couldn't be.

Every once in a while, like when I heard a scary noise or thought I saw something moving in the dark, I would start to cry again. The shadows of the darkness were the scariest part and there were times I was so sure that I wasn't alone in here. But, of course, I was.

By the time the door to the dungeon did open, it scared me so bad that I jumped and skittered away. The light shimmering into the area even hurt my eyes a little, but I was immediately crying and sobbing for whoever it was. I hoped it would be Alexander, but something within me said it wasn't him but a guard of some sort. Or was is Elaina? Was she coming to release me because Alexander had forgotten?

Much to my surprise, Anthony ran down to the cell I was locked in and jammed the keys into the lock. The Prince was quick in undoing everything, muttering questions and threats and accusations under his breath as he did so. Questions I was much too worked up to answer.

Uncaring for how he used to scare me before, I threw myself at him and hugged his middle so tightly I wondered later if I hurt him.

"Sweet pea, what the hell happened?" He whispered, stroking my hair. He was being a little rough, but it was obvious the man was trying his best to do something unfamiliar - console and comfort someone. And at this moment, I would have taken comforting from anyone except maybe Elaina herself. "Are you hurt? How did you get down here?"