Chapter Three

"It's not me, Agatha," Anadil's said, moping slightly.

She knew she was being dramatic, but she honestly didn't care.

She had fallen in love (wait when had it gone from a crush to love?!) with a girl that could only ever think of her as a friend.

"Anadil, you have two letters that start to spell out her name," Agatha said.

Anadil suddenly felt a sharp pain in her wrist.

She pulled her cloth up and saw an HES on her.

Agatha gave her a 'told you so' look.

"Agatha, just because she's my soulmate doesn't mean I'm hers. Maybe that's why Nevers don't get married."

Agatha looked like she was about to cry.

"Anadil, before you do anything insane you need to talk to her."

~

Hester felt a pain shoot through her wrist and her heart hammered in her chest.

She wanted nothing more than to rip that cloth off of her wrist.

But she couldn't.

Not yet.

Hester looked across the room and tried not to feel jealous as Agatha and Anadil kept talking.

Since when were they that close?

Anadil was still hers.

That sounded very possessive... but at the moment Hester couldn't care less.

She missed having Anadil by her side and she'd only been gone for about fifteen minutes.

It was like without Anadil she wasn't complete.

It made her feel... empty.

She shook her head.

That didn't make sense.

Anadil was just supposed to be her henchman. But then in their first year she'd gotten past Hester's walls and became her friend, her best and only until Dot won her over in their second year. And Anadil was still trying to tear down her walls to this day... and she was doing incredibly well. So well that it actually kind of scared her.

Maybe there was another reason she wasn't checking under her cloth for her letters.

For some reason, the ideas of Anadil and her tattoo made her heart beat quicken.

"Hester, you okay?" Dot asked, looking at her friend.