My Brother: Cupid Ch. 2

A few hours later I arrived at home. The quicker Chase pulled this spell off me the better. I walked inside and started to yell, "Chase! Chase!"

A heard a zip of wings and saw my brother fly in. He was a baby with a pair of white wings on his back, a quiver on his back where his arrows and bow laid, and a diaper.

"Can't talk now. Council of Holidays meeting right now."

"You have to pull the spell off of me. Everyone's already making fun of me," I said.

"Why? Is she ugly?" he asked opening the portal to where ever he was going.

"No, but she does think I'm a creep."

"Well, I can't do it now. I'm going to be late. Mother Day called the meeting and you know Mother," he said.

"You have to pull it off," I said.

He ignored me and started to go through the portal. I grabbed his tiny foot and hung on as he pulled as both to where ever he had to go.

We got to the other side and he zipped off while I found myself a heap on the cold stone floor. I looked up to see five elves looking at me. The meeting was, evidentially, at the North Pole. I nodded at these confused creatures and they got back to work.

This left the door completely unguarded. This meant that if I wanted to, I could just walk inside the meeting and get my brother to take the dumb spell off of me. But I knew this wouldn't make the elves happy or the holidays happy so I grabbed a plate of cookies to take with me. Then I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

“Mother, we've told why we can't make Mother's Day a week long holiday,” Santa Claus was saying as I came in.

“I'm just thinking about all those poor mothers who work all year long, and need a week long holiday,” Mother Day responded.

“There is no vay that the children vould be able to stand it for one veek,” Dracula said.

“That's right, it's hard enough to get kids to behave and serve their moms one day but by one week the kids will be misbehaving left and right and mothers will be pulling out their hair,” Santa said.

“I agree. When my mom has mother's day or her birthday by the end of the day she was sick of us doing things for her and always starts doing them herself. There is no way she would like one week,” my brother said.

“Cupid, when was the last time you talked to your mother?” Mother Day asked.

“That's off subject, Mrs. Day,” he said but she looked at him so concerned he added,

“Last week my brother, who is standing right there -

“What are you doing here, Todd?” he interrupted himself. All the holidays, who didn't notice me before, looked my direction.

“Hi,” I placed the cookies on the table, “Can I barrow Cupid for like ten seconds?” I asked.

“Why?” Mother Day asked.

“He put one of his love spells on me, and I need him to take it off,” I said.

Immediately all the holidays attention was on my brother, “It was a joke. That's what brothers do, they play jokes on each other.”

“I like it,” April's Fool said.

“You're mother would be especially disappointed in you, Cupid,” Mother said.

“I agree with Mrs. Day, that was really mean of you. Not nice at all,” Santa Claus said.

“It was a joke. We all need a few jokes in our life,” April's Fool said.

“A joke is only funny when both sides are amused. Does Todd look very amused?” the turkey, who I never talk to because he freaks me out, said.

No body responded.

“Fine. Fine. I'll take it off,” Chase mumbled. Most of the holidays smiled at this action. He came up to me and waved his hand over where he shot the arrow. This makes the invisible arrow visible to everyone. That's when I heard a gasp from the audience. I didn't understand it until Chase said, “It's gone.”

“The arrow's gone!” I yelled. “What do you mean it's gone?”

“Well, the arrows like a shot-”

“I know, you've already explained it to me,” I said. “So I'm in love with Haley forever now!”

“Pretty much.”

I let out a loud groan.

“Um, I'm going to finish this meeting and then I'll talk to you later. Okay?” Cupid said looking around obviously embarrassed that I was still there.

“Whatever,” I said leaving, my head facing downwards.