My Brother: Cupid Ch. 5

"Chase!" I yelled as I walked into the house and threw my stuff to the side.

He walked downstairs. "'Sup little bro," he said attempting to be cool.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll tell you what's up, Haley told me off today."

"Who's Haley?" he asked.

"My arrows victim," I said.

"The girl you like?" he guessed.

"Yes," I said.

Chase actually looked sorry. "Wow, I'm sorry, dude. That sucks," he said.

"Yeah, and it's your fault," I said. "She thinks I'm some creep because of your stupid love spell."

"Oh," Chase said. Then he perked up, "You know I could just-"

"No, don't hit her with an arrow," I said. I stomped off to my room saying, "I'm sick and tired of your stupid arrows."

"I'll make this up to you," he yelled after me, "Trust me, I'll make this up to you."

I had a hard time going to school the next day, without Haley I didn't see the point of going back. But still I managed to crawl out of bed and pull myself to school.

I hadn't talked to my brother at all since I yelled at him, but that didn't mean he didn't try talking to me. I mostly just ignored him.

Well tried to ignore him. I was walking to school when he pulled up in his red car.

"Hey," he said. "I hate seeing you this way, Todd. Let me drive you to school."

I didn't respond.

"C'mon, I know you're mad but talk to me, please," he said, "C'mon, let me drive you to school."

"No," I said. "I can walk."

"Yeah, but . . . Look, I know you're upset but you're making it really hard for me to make it up to you."

"Don't care."

"I've tried sorry, I've tried everything, what more do you want me to do?" he said.

"Nothing. Go away," I said.

"I could -"

"I said go away," I said finally loosing my temper.

"Got it." And he drove off, just like that.

I shook my head and stumbled the rest of the way to school and my first class, then fell into a chair waiting for the class to start.

That's when Haley walked in obviously mad. Her friends were holding a box of chocolates and stuffing our face. "I thought I told you to leave me alone," she said.

"I did," I said.

"I don't call sending me a box of chocolates leaving me alone," she said grabbing the box from our friends.

I glared at the front it said, "Cupid's Chocolate." My brother's chocolate company.

"Chase," I mumbled.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," I said. "Uh, sorry about the chocolate."

"Well, I'm not eating them. I told you to leave me alone, so I'm not even going to touch them," she said.

My teacher who was eavesdropping interrupted her, "Maybe you'd like to share them with the class." Haley's friends groaned.

"Sure, whatever," she said.

The teacher opened the box Haley left in her hands and took out of one of the chocolates. She bit in and then froze suddenly a large smile spread across her face, "These are the most delicious candies I've ever tasted."

The students ran to the front of the room, who couldn't resist free chocolate. They would shove it in their mouths and then pause for a few moments to realize they had just tasted a small piece of heaven. It's the love magic in the chocolate, I think. Hadn't I just specifically asked Chase not to do this exact thing? Why doesn't he ever listen?