Bunny

"Stop taking the suppressants."

The world was not kind to omegas, humans and my kind cohabit this place, and since they've learnt of what omegas were- the 'mothers', the child-bearers, the feminine, the inferior- their treatment of us was one of oppression. My heart dropped when I got my first heat, finding out that I was an omega. A male omega was extremely rare, which made living with it extremely hard, I had no one to confide in other than my mother, an omega, and even she could not help me live with the uncertainty of my future. Desperate, I took prescription suppressants to hide my true nature. I cared not for the side effects-like possibility of reduced fertility- because anything was better than the looks I got when people scented me.

Mean was in the toilet and I was waiting outside, leaning against the wall, when I felt a presence stop in front of me. He caught my attention, then he turned his head and I saw his nose twitch and I flinched- could he smell me? He walked slowly towards me, inching closer until he was barely in my personal space, and looked me in the eye, "Stop taking the suppressants," then he turned and walked away, leaving the statement hanging in the air.

How did he know?

Mean got out of the toilet too early and dragged me away before I could chase him down.

Next time I saw him was in the hallway the next day, I grabbed his wrist, stopping him. "Wait," he turned to me, "I need to talk to you," I said with a stern look on my face. My mental stability was at stake here, if people could sense I was an omega I needed to know, I wouldn't be able to sleep. I've gotten along just fine until now, and I don't like uncertainties. His furrowed eyebrows gentled, then he sighed, "Fine."

We sat across each other on the table, the tension obvious. I got straight to the point, "How did you know I take suppressants?"  

He tapped his nose, "My nose is extremely sensitive. I smelled the stench of the chemicals before I even found out you were an omega," my breath hitched, expecting a sneer or a snide comment, but none came, "The suppressants have an unnatural smell, particularly that brand you're using. You really should stop taking them, shit could happen."

"Like what?" I knew shit could happen, I took them anyways, what the doctors told me could happen didn't really outweigh my needs.

"Like death," he said nonchalantly. That, I hadn't heard before.

"Excuse me?"

"Your heat cycles will go haywire, there's cases where all blood stopped flowing from the brain because of the chemicals interfering with your natural processes, people have literally died from extreme overproduction of natural lubricant because their suppressants took too long to wear off due to overconsumption."

My brain turned off, I was overwhelmed by the information I was given- up till now I didn't know. A slight panic rose in me: what now?

"There's a better way to hide it if you really need to," his tone seemed apprehensive, "but it's one I don't think you'll like or be willing to do."

"What is it?"

"You need to find an alpha dom."

"What!?" I squawked, the alternative couldn't have been some other pill? An organic suppressant? Going on a cleanse? I had to find someone to dominate me and make me vulnerable which was the exact thing I wanted to avoid? I was not ready to accept that. I shot out of my seat only to be stopped by his hand grabbing my wrist, "Listen, I can explain, there's a logical explanation. Listen to it and consider it before you chalk it off because the possible long term effects of that suppressant are fatal." I took a second, then I sat back down, I was willing to listen at least, but the notion of it was still ludacris in my head.