Reunions and Nightmares

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

Dipper spent his night ignoring the voice to the best of his ability and continues through the morning as he makes his way into the kitchen letting his feet glide across the cold hardwood floors. Feeling his eyes heavy, he tried to rub away the lack of sleep opening the fridge door; not much inside which meant it was time the Pines went grocery shopping.

"OVER HERE!"

Feeling his eye twitch, the young man closed the empty fridge and turned to leave into the living room only to freeze in place; the shadow was tall, about seven feet tall, and stood next to the entry way into the living area. Feeling panic set in, Dipper's chest heaved letting a scream leave his lungs while he watched a nightmarish grin inch across the entities face and blood trickle down it's invisible chin. Just as quick as he blinked it was gone and his sister came into view barreling into the kitchen as response to her brother's scream of terror.

"Dipper, what is it and who do I have to whack!?" Mabel was always the type to have a silly remark to everything, even at times where she was referring to violence.

"Mabel, I- I swear I saw... something?" His sentence melding from a statement to a question as he to didn't understand what had just happened.

Blinking her eyes, she starred at her brother flabbergasted. "Bro Bro, I'm not getting what you're trying to tell me."

Running his palm over his forehead, he wiped the cold sweat from his skin and let his fingers tangle inside his curly locks. "Demon, I think I-; Did I see a demon or was it a figment of my imagination?" Still not about to keep a sentence straight, he ended up questioning himself yet again and sat at the table to collect himself.

The mention of Demon made Mabel's head shake in hesitation. "I'm sorry, Dipper but did you just say demon?"

Nodding was the only response her brother could give as his mind was scrambled and body numb from what had just happened. Despite this, the pines boy conjured up the strength to open one of his grandfather's journals and began to skin through the pages again like the night before. Flipping through each page like his life depended on it; to be honest his life might have depended on it. As he ran by a page his fingers froze mid page flip and he gazed upon the triangular image in front him; Dipper hadn't thought about Bill in months.

"Dipper?" He heard the concerned tone leave his sister's breath, but he couldn't help himself from suddenly breaking down.

Tears cascaded down his cheeks like a water fall as he let the journal slip through his trembling fingers onto the white tiled floor. Memories of the year prior played through his mind like a broken record, flashing by with each second it felt like a chapter of his life had gone by. Warmth wrapped her arms around him and his sister drug him into a comforting hug letting him let all his pain out; it was as if his heart itself was weeping. 

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Sat on the old beaten up couch, Dipper mindlessly flipped through television channels until the news caught his eye. It looked to be a meteor flying through space; sitting up, the pines boy leaned in closer to the bright, flickering box of moving pictures in front of him.

"What a day on earth it is!" The lady on the news spoke; the lady had black, short wavy hair and brown eyes. "A meteor on it's way to earth!? Guess... well Tom I guess we should duck in cover am I right!?" The lady then went on the laugh as if this weren't a national emergency.

"Yes Stacy, I would say so!" Tom had brown, short, cliché news man hair and a hint of a mustache above his lip.

In a dash, Dipper ran out the door and shot his attention to the sky seeing the ball of fire heading to Gravity Falls; oh, how surprising, it wouldn't ever hit Gravity Falls of all places, that's so unheard of. Turning back around, Dipper ran back inside banging on the snack machine that lead to his grandfather's lab. "Grandpa Ford, there's an emergency!"