00

"Tell me something I don't know."

The corner of lips twitched upward while crossing his arms against his chest, clearly, unbothered by the cold breeze.

Shoving my hands in my pockets, I avoided his gaze for a second before rolling my eyes at his statement.

"Hm, let me think, " I looked up while placing a finger on my chin, "oh! I know three things that you probably don't know."

"Enlighten me."

"One, " I smiled, "you've become a cocky son of a bitch ever since you came back."

"Two, you pulled me out of an important lunch date with my dad's clients!"

"And last, but not the least, " I grinned, "three."

The boy's ears perked up, taking a look around his surroundings before staring at my own for the second time.

With his bottom lip between his teeth, shoving his now cold hands in his pockets, he raised a brow at me.

"I hate you, " I licked my lips teasingly, "so fucking much I want to pack you inside a bag and send you back to London so I won't have to see your face ever again."

His lips parted while his eyes showed no emotion. The tip of his tongue was pressed against the bottom part of his tooth.

Out of nowhere, a chuckle escaped his parted lips while shaking his head.

"You amuse me, Julia Andree, " Sean replied with a grin, "what did I ever do to you for you to hate me so damn much."

"You changed, " my throat was burning, it was hard for me to speak.

He scoffed, "people change, Julia, everyone does. No one stays the same forever, you know."

"We become assholes, cheaters, monsters, villains, liars for a reason. . ." his hoarse voice made me shiver, "we don't change for nothing."

I bit my bottom lip roughly, in hopes of preventing my tears to fall.

My chest was hurting at the sight of him even though his face showed no emotion at all.

"T-then what's yours?"

It was silent but after a few minutes of standing still, the corner of his lips twitched upward for the nth time today.

"You, " he pressed his finger against my chest, "you're my reason."