01

". . .and step, step, grind, sit, stand, hold then body roll and freestyle!"

She finished with a smile. Sweat evident on our faces and bodies as we executed the last steps of the choreography.

I cringed after realizing my skin started to feel sticky. The air conditioner in this room hasn't been fixed yet, hence the atmosphere here was too hot for our liking.

"Can we transfer to the other room?" Julian sighed while ruffling his hair. "The heat is killing me!"

"Couldn't agree more," I huffed.

As I finish my fifth and probably last water bottle for the day, I felt someone tapping on my shoulder.

It was Kiana, the group's lead choreographer. She smiled sweetly at me before offering me a face towel and surprisingly, a paper bag from H&M.

"What's this for?" I asked, wiping myself with the towel that she brought while eyeing the bag in her hand.

She replied, "consider this as a thank you gift from me to you. You've done a lot this past few months, and I want you to know that I appreciate your efforts since day 1."

The pastel pink clothing made me smile. "That's so sweet! Thanks, Kiki."

As she was about to respond, the sound from the speakers interrupted her followed by a clap coming from the front.

"Another round from the top!"

---

The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled my nostrils as I enter the café. It feels nice to be here again after a long day of rehearsals.

It wasn't hard for me to spot my best friend's curly hair. After thanking the barista for my drink, I sat on the vacant chair in front of her.

"So, is there any tea to spill?" I joked, setting my drink down on the table.

The red head chuckled as a response before unlocking her phone.

"Remember the guy from Australia?" She asked, face down as her thumb swiped along the screen of her phone.

I nodded with my eyes closed as I let the sweet, warm substance go down my throat.

"18 years old, 5'11", half Filipino, soccer player, and an only child."

"Bingo," she laughed.

This guy has been our topic for almost a month. Summer met him on Tinder as soon as she made an account.

"What about him?" I asked.

A smile slowly appeared on her face while her eyes showed excitement. After putting away her phone, Summer's attention was on me again.

It took her a few seconds to respond to my question, and when she finally did, I choked on my third sip.

The coffee spilled on the table as I coughed. One of the workers spotted me with a worried expression.

"Are you okay, miss? Does your drink taste bad?" He asked while looking at me softly. He handed me some napkins which I took gladly.

"I'm okay," I coughed, "and no, it tastes great actually. Thank you for your concern."

After cleaning up the mess I made, Summer shot me a teasing look.