Midwest Book Awards' Silver Medal Awarded to "Chicago Eternal"

On Saturday, May 4, the region's top publishers, authors, editors, designers, and distributors gathered in Saint Paul, Minnesota for the illustrious 29th Annual Midwest Book Awards Gala. The sponsor of the event, the Midwest Independent Publishing Association (MIPA), is a nonprofit association that serves the independent publishing community in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin through educational programming, networking opportunities, collaborative support, and peer recognition. According to MIPA President Suzzanne Kelley and the panel of judges, "The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book's unique contribution to its subject area."

Larry Broutman's "Chicago Eternal" won the Silver Medal in the highly competitive Art / Photography / Coffee Table Books category. "Chicago Eternal" is no stranger to critical acclaim. Just last month, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) recognized this new book's high merits with the Benjamin Franklin Awards' Silver Medal in the Regional category. American Book Fest named "Chicago Eternal" a finalist in the Photography category of their Best Book Awards. "Chicago Eternal" has garnished praise from Chicago and national news outlets, graveyard associations, and fellow professional tombstone photographers.

In "Chicago Eternal," the lives of Chicagoans are raised up through a photographic journey of over thirty Chicagoland cemeteries. "Chicago Eternal" celebrates the sports icons, artists, inventors, entrepreneurs, politicians, and even gangsters that make up the Windy City's colorful history. The book also brings to light everyday heroes, such as veterans and young victims of tragic fires. Historical context is provided for each of the hundreds of poignant photographs of graves, mausoleums, and monuments.

To learn more about the Midwest Independent Publishing Association's Midwest Book Awards, please go to: mipa.org/midwest-book-awards/

To pick up your own copy of award-winning "Chicago Eternal," visit:

https://www.everythinggoesmedia.com/product-page/chicago-eternal