HIM

The day after she confessed, the school called me, informing that my expulsion has been canceled and after they investigate, they found the culprits, so my one-week suspension was also canceled, all thanks to her. I thanked them and thought about thanking her in school. Then, I remembered the towel and money I founded on my locker and prepared the same amount of money to return and searched for a name on the towel. I was surprised to see her name there. I reflect about why I said those harsh things to her. I thought she wanted me to be popular or for money like the others. However, deeply inside, I knew she wasn't like that and regretted rejecting her. She was my first and only love.

In school, the teacher told me she reconsidered and gave me the points for the exam. She explained how her student came and begged her saying everyone makes mistakes. I was about to cry right now.

"You need to treasure those friends! Thank her later!" the teacher said, and I nodded.

I searched for her every free time I had. At lunch, on recess, and went to her classes but she was nowhere in school. I felt something was wrong. She never missed her classes, so I went to her apartment.

What I saw there was the last thing I could imagine. Police officers where standing outside her door. A woman that seemed the owner of the building saw me and came to me.

"Are you a friend?"

"Yes ma'am. I wanted to return this towel and talk a little with the girl that lives here. Is there something wrong?"

"Oh dear... it hasn't been confirmed yet but it seems she committed suicide"

"WHAT! No way! There's no way..."

The woman started sobbing so I gave her a hug. I could't still believe this so after the woman calmed down, I went running inside where more police officers were gathered. Some of them tried to stop me but with some struggle I got inside a bathroom. My body froze with what I saw there. Her lifeless body on the floor and those red colored letters that screamed. I kept reading those red words over and over again.

-I'm sorry but I really didn't lie even once. I love you-

It was obviously screaming at me for how bad I treated her, for leaving her alone in this crazy world, for not treasuring her the way I should had.

After some questioning, I was free to go home. I entered my apartment, but everything felt cold. I felt the weight of causing the suicide of someone I love. I called her ugly names, but she had an incredible, innocent and lovely name describing her perfectly. I rejected her coldly, but she didn't even protest. I knew she had depression and self-esteem problems, but I just pushed her over the edge.

A day or two passed and I was still on my bed thinking about her. I received a call and answered without verifying who was the caller.

"You idiot!" screamed a crying woman. I knew really well this voice "I trusted you my daughter!" she continued sobbing. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't even answer her "And you don't have words!?" she continued screaming but some people at the other side calmed her down and finished the call.

Well, she was correct.

I went to my bathroom and searched a razor. I just did it like I made her do and wrote a final message answering her.

-I'm sorry, I love you too-