『Chapter 13: New Beginnings 』

(Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. I wasn't quite sure how to write this exactly at times. I had a good idea in my mind but I wasn't quite sure. Anyway enough of that. The next update will be quick but not the type you may be wanting. For those of you curious about what (y/n)'s house looks like I drew a very rough and cringey floor plan. Please enjoy the chapter!)

(y/n)'s POV

The rest of the evening goes by in a blur with me in a hazy trance of gloom. I've been in Canada now for eight years. I even left Japan the day before my ninth birthday. How bad of luck can you get?

Around eight o'clock Cameron, Caroline, Tristan and Lucas leave my house shooting me looks of sympathy. Cam tries to give me some words of encouragement but I'm not in my right mind to register them. Before he leaves he informs me that the four of them will see me off before I leave on the plane to Kyoto. Wanting nothing more than to mull over my thoughts I ask to go to bed instead of opening presents. It doesn't take long before I fall into a restless sleep.

The next morning I'm awoken by my father gently shaking me.

"Come on (y/n). It's time to pack." He says. At this point I've come to terms with my situation. And will it be so bad? Maybe I'll see Kou there. I know for a fact I've missed my aunt and I want to know how much my cousin Satoru who was barely even born before I left.

"Okay Dad. Will we be going back to our old house in Kyoto?" I ask.

"Yes. As a matter of fact we will. When we left Japan I never sold the house. In the meantime your aunt has watched over it along with their own house." He replies.

"Okay. When do we have to be ready to leave here?" I question.

"Right now it's five o'clock. The plane leaves at six thirty so you have about half an hour to pack and eat before we leave for the airport. We'll be traveling first class." The golden eyed man answers.

"Thanks Dad." I say getting up and starting to collect my clothes.

"(y/n). We don't need to bring too many clothes and supplies. Most of it will be shipped to Japan on my private plane but we'll leave some of it here in case we need to visit Canada." He explains.

"Right."

"And (y/n)."

"Yes Dad." I reply, my (e/c) eyes meeting his beautiful golden ones.

"I know you're not really happy about moving and I'm sorry it has to be on your birthday again. But we think it's best for us to return to manage the company from the original building." He says in his deep voice as he gently ruffles my hair.

"I'm okay Dad. I'd like to see Satoru and Emi again. It's been too long since we saw each other." I answer.

"Well. When you're done packing come down for breakfast. Your mom and I are cooking waffles." He says as he leaves the room. Pulling out my clothes I heave a big sigh. How am I supposed to choose out of this whole closet? Deciding to take only an eighth of the clothes in the large walk in closet I move on to the next things I need which happens to be shoes. Taking out three pairs of shoes for different occasions I neatly pack them in the one bag. I'll take my curling wand and straightening iron as well as my toothbrush, toothpaste and hair brush.

Moving on to the other bag I take a recent picture of my family and some recent ones of my friends off my shelf and carefully put them into my carry on luggage. Sighing in annoyance that I won't be able to take along some of my sword and knife collection that I've used on rare occasion for my different types of self defence training I make a mental note to ask dad to have them shipped later. Grabbing my song book, some books to read and a spiral bound art book, Copic Markers, pencil crayons, artist pens and some pencils. I pack them into the smaller bag.