Where to look and shop

Check the kids bedding section! lots of stores that sell bedding and furniture have a children's section. often times the colors there are more pastel, and the bed sets are very cute. is a great place to start. they also sell really cute lamps! Buy storage boxes around Easter and Valentines day!

This sounds like a pretty specific step, but im telling you it works. think about it. Around valentine's day, they sell a lot of heart shaped boxes for cheap! I got two super cute heart shaped baskets at Walmart last week for a dollar each!! Take advantage of these times to buy stuffed toys to decorate your room with too. Easter things are ALWAYS pastel colors and again, cheap. Check your dollar stores.

Thrift Thrift Thrift!!

I feel like on every post I make here theres a section just about why thrifting is a good thing. I know it can be sorta off putting uh... thinking of buying room stuff from the thrift store, but im telling you it works! I recomend buying bed linens new but I have found really good stuff. If you're into decorating with really kitschy ceramic animals in pastel colors like I am, thats the place for you. Its also a good place to buy bed frames. steel bedframes are very sweet looking compared to others, especially when painted white.
Notice: if you do decide to get linens from a thrift store, please inspect and wash them first. ;u;

Buy online!

sometimes, there really aren't any good choices in store. thats okay though! dont be discouraged. it happens to me more often than you think. (AND ITS USUALLY WHEN I ACTUALLY HAVE MONEY TO SPEND OF THESE THINGS UGH) but um, anyways, lucky for us, we live in the age of the internet! Of course, because shipping on these things are usually from asia, it takes a longer time and can be pricey.
The good thing is that you're almost guarenteed to find what you're looking for! has a section just for home things! is another good place to start. If you have more of a budget and can use a shopping service, check out (its in chinese, but google translate works wonders.)

With buying online, be careful with what seller you choose. on ebay, how many people have ordered the product? if its a fair amount and is good quality, go for it! On Aliexpress and taobao, check the amount of orders and the amount of stars a seller has. if it looks shady or too good to be true, it probably is. also! make sure you get a good shopping service for taobao too.

If all else fails, DIY!
Dont be afraid to do things yourself if you cant find exactly what you want. Lots of times, it comes out cheaper than just buying it anyway. check youtube and for diys

Final phase:PUTTING EVERYTHING IN

This process can take a while, but keep at it and just decorate as you like! Know what furniture pieces are too big for your room. Customize your wall with posters! Be yourself <3 I hope this post helped. good luck with your kawaii room! bye bye~