⊶ Chapter Eight ⊷

⊶⊗⊷

It was dark.

Even with your eyes peeled open, you saw nothing.

Where were you?

It was warm, your breath coming out in laboured pants.

A rope tied tightly around your writs.

Lifting your hands up you were met with a hard surface.

Where were you?

As you went to turn your head you felt something press against you.

It was rough, cold, and scratched against your delicate flesh.

Bone like.

Frantically you moved your hands to remove the cloth from around your eyes.

You were not met with light only more darkness.

The only thing you could make out in the blanket of darkness was your hands in front of you. Staring at the thick rope your mind ran at a thousand miles per hour. What do you do now? Fuck where even were you? Lifting your hands you felt above you. Quickly your hands met a scratchy surface. Dragging your nails along it you tried to figure out what it was. Wood?

It felt like wood...

Your breath hitched. Wiggling around slightly you were met with a jolt of pain, sharp objects pressed against you. It pressed against your left side. It was cold. It was rough. It crumbled...?

Moving your legs you found out they were free. Pushing them up your knees hit the wood. Kicking forward it felt solid.

Where were you?

The more you moved the more you became aware of the cushion like ground you were lying on.

It was in no way comforting.

The darkness soon became familiar, your eyes adjusting to the dark. You could now make out the walls around you. Pressing your fingers against them you felt the rough texture, wood again. You felt another jolt of pain, what was that.

Turning to you left you came face to face with what you could now make out to be the crumbling remnants of a human skull. Hair scattered loosely around the head. You could make out a shiny silver tooth. A filling. The walls seemed to be closing in.

Your breath got faster, heavier.

Slamming your hands against the wood above you, you felt the pressure. Glancing to your left you let out a cry. Next to you lay the remains of what looked to be a woman. The dusty, cloth of a white dress delicately hovered over the bones, gently encasing the body. She had been shoved roughly against the side of the coffin. Making room for you. It was old.

She was old.

Long gone.

Shuffling again you felt the bones crumble below you. You were laying on some part of this woman. Stopping completely you felt tears run down your face.

Coffin.

You were in a coffin.

And you weren't alone.

Your head pounded, ears drummed.

Breathes laboured and heavy.

Trembling.

The pressure pressed down of your chest, your lungs burned. They felt like they were made of stone. Heavy and dragging you down.

You choked out a sob, your head spun. The world came crashing down.