Want You Back

Even though Youngblood was an upbeat and energetic song, Astrid could feel tiredness start to take over to her. She leans her back into Luke's chest. Normally, she would be holding him, but she didn't have the energy to do so at the moment. It made the golden-haired boy chuckle.

"You tired?" He asks as he looks to Ashton who is already up to start a new recording on the girl's computer.

"No, yawning is just one of my hobbies," she retorts. "Really though, I'm fine."

Luke rolls his eyes and kisses his girlfriend's temple. "You're so annoying sometimes," he tells her. "You're lucky I love you."

Astrid tilts her head back so that she is able to look at the boy holding her. "Excuse me?" She scoffs. "If I remember correctly, you chased after me."

"You were chasing me the entire time," Luke argues with a small laugh.

"Both of you shut up and listen," Calum interrupted. "We get it; you guys are in love and disgustingly cute, but this is the first song that we co-wrote, and I'd like to listen to Astrid talk about it because it's gonna be a fuckin' hit."

The sound of a piano filled the room.

"I should probably learn how to play piano," Astrid says. "I mean, I wrote this on ukulele, at least for the basic chord progression," she adds. "It sounds much prettier on piano. I guess I'm lucky to have Maxi to help me with all that."

Maxi coos. "I love you too, even if you are only using me for my musical ability."

"Can't help but wondering if this is the last time that I'll see your face / Is it tears or just the fucking rain / Wish I could say something"

JANUARY 2017-LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA-4:45

It doesn't rain much in Los Angeles. Nine days out of ten, it's dry; on average, only thirty-six days out of three-hundred-sixty-five have rain in the city. Today was one of those rare days where rain poured down, and Astrid was sitting in it. She sat on the steps of Luke's apartment, not caring that she was getting soaked. There was a battle being fought in her head. She loves Luke, and she knows that. She knows that she would give her life to him. He helped her career. He offered her a record deal. He took her on tour. It wasn't all him, but he was part of it. She doesn't owe him anything, and she knew that, but she couldn't let go after all that he did for her. He meant too much to her.

Her mascara was running down her face. It was unknown at the moment if it was because she had been crying or if it was because she did nothing to protect herself from the water that fell from the sky. It didn't matter though. She wasn't at Luke's to look pretty. She was there to talk to him and then speed off to her early morning meetings with various record labels. Her hands reach for her phone, and she looks at the time. It's almost five in the morning. Luke's whereabouts were unknown. Where would he have to be at this hour?

It's fifteen minutes when Luke is dropped off at his home. He's stumbling in, clearly drunk out of his mind. It can only be assumed that he had more than alcohol in his system as well.

"Hey, baby!" Luke drunkenly cheered as he saw his girlfriend. The rain had stopped, but he was still a bit wet. He grew concerned when he had seen Astrid was in the opposite state. "What are you doing here?" He slurred. "You've been sitting in the rain? Why didn't you wait in your car?"

Astrid shook her head and stood up to help Luke inside. She knew that he wouldn't be able to unlock the apartment on his own. He could barely hold himself upright for fuck's sake. Once inside, she sat him on the couch. "Where have you been?" She scolds. "I haven't heard from you in days, and even the boys couldn't get hold of you?"