Lie To Me

Astrid is glad to be home—truly home. She no longer lives with Maxi. Instead, Luke lives with her. They also co-parent their precious bulldog by the name Petunia, otherwise affectionately known as Piggy. The apartment they rent together suits all of their needs. They had two offices which served as small studios, a bathroom, a half-bathroom, a modern (and incredibly gorgeous) kitchen where Luke constantly burns food, a sizeable living room, and of course, the amazing master bedroom where they now rested in. 

Astrid lies on her back with Luke settled between her legs, his head resting in the crook of her neck and arms wrapped around her waist, not caring if they go numb.; Petunia lays at their feet. Luke presses small kisses to the skin with his eyes closed while she sleepily runs her fingers through his golden curls. With Astrid, Luke was more confident. He had finally tossed the lip ring and the flat iron, and he had allowed himself to grow into a beautiful ray of sunshine. Sure, he still has a lot of things to work on, but he is slowly getting there. That is all that matters. As the thought of a better life fills his head, a small smile grows on his face, and Astrid can feel it against her skin. 

"What is it, bub?" She questions. Had she been a dog, her ears would have perked up. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours, hm?"

"I was just thinking about the whole recording thing that we're doing right now," he mumbles to her. "And I was just thinking about 'Lie to Me.'"

"And what about it?"

"I don't think that I can wait until tomorrow to talk about it." His lips are now pulled into a frown. "I wish we could have stayed for a bit longer." 

"Alright, let's hop into a group call with the boys then," Astrid suggests with a shrug. She tries to sit up to reach for her phone, but Luke's arms tighten around her body, and he weighs her down with his weight in protest.

A tiny, sleepy groan falls from his lip. "Mm-mm," he tells her. "I just wanna talk to you 'bout it; it's personal, and I feel like I owe you an explanation anyway..."

Astrid gives into her boyfriend's protests and relaxes her body again. "You don't owe me anything, Lu," she disagrees. "Just like I don't owe you anything. We're just a team, and we work together."

"I owe you like three hundred billion years of apologies," he counters. "But I know that when the song is released, everyone will think that it's about Aria, and it kinda is, but it was mostly written about you," he confesses. 

"Well, that's kind of awkward." Astrid lets out a struggled chuckle. "'Now I wish we never met,'" she quotes. "Damn, Lu, alright."

Luke groans again and buries his face even deeper into his girlfriend's neck. Another soft kiss is pressed to her skin, filling her with warmth. "Start recording," he tells her. "Come on; I wanna do this now."

Astrid sighs and grabs her phone, opening her voice recording app. "You are aware that the audio is gonna sound like shit, right?"

"Yeah, but oh well," he dismisses. "I doubt you're down to grab your computer and microphone." 

Astrid admits defeat with a small, "Yeah, you're right." Her finger presses the record button. "Talk away, baby boy."

"So, we're talking about 'Lie to Me' now," he begins. "Uh, this is kind of awkward without listening to the song first."

"Just recite the lyrics," Astrid says.

"Okay, here we go."

I saw you looking brand new overnight / And I caught you looking too / But you didn't look twice / You look happy / You look happy

FEBRUARY  2017–LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA–22:04

It was time for a celebration. Haywire Highlife had not only moved into another new apartment, but they had found a record deal that they believed would work for them. It seemed like they were ready to move up into the world, so they did what seemed like the only logical thing to do: throw a rager, hosted by the wonderful Ashton Irwin, of course. He was the one to discover the iconic duo; he wanted to make sure that their celebration was perfect.