Prologue

Different concepts of Heaven and Hell correspond to different religions. But there is only one of each, and no living creature has seen it for it is reserved for the dead and the dead alone.

In Hell, each soul wanders a path of eternal suffering unique to them. They're all lead by Satan, Lucifer, whatever you want to call him for he has many names and many forms. Heaven. Heaven isn't what it seems, it's not the place it's made out to be. God isn't who he's made out to be.

Satan and God are merely 2 sides of the same coin, different, but together. A partnership, for lack of better wording. They call themselves Lifewatchers. Hell is where the sinners go to suffer in pain forevermore. Heaven is where the non-sinners go to suffer in pain forevermore. It's essentially the same concept except for one key difference. The wants and joys of the non-sinners are used against them in heaven until they no longer want or enjoy them. In hell, the sinner's fears are used against them until they no longer fear them, fear anything. It's all a plan thought up between the two most important religious figures.

The end goal is the same on both sides, numb the minds of those released to the afterlife. Once the Lifewatcher's feel they've become powerful enough they will rise to enslave all of humanity.

Or so they thought.