Chapter 1

Alexander Drake, struck by lightning, induced into a coma with no chance of waking. A little Christian boy, 16, pure as can be. Been kept sheltered all his life, hidden away from humanity's flaws, living the good one.

Ziago Malcorine, overdosed on heroin, induced into a coma with no chance of waking. A little orphan boy, 16, lead astray by the people he's decided to surround himself with. Forced to face humanity's flaws at a young age.

Despite being so different, they were both racing down the windy road to their demise anyway before their cars took a wrong exit. Mister Malcorine requires no insight on how his life is supposed to end, but we can say trust is crucial to an extent. Little Alex, on the other hand, there may be some confusion about. The way he's due to die is shockingly similar to Ziago's end, for both revolve around trust.

It's rare to find a mind as powerful as the minds of Ziago and Alex. That's why these souls are sent directly to their respective Lifewatcher, in order to prevent them from wreaking havoc with their overpowered minds. Their Lifewatchers were together at that moment, discussing final actions for the reigning of the human race when the spirits of the two boys were dropped next to them. They paid the boys no mind, having long become accustomed to the arrival of new souls.

They continued with their conversation. "Ήρθε η ώρα," said the Overwatcher to the Underwatcher in a language neither of the boys knew. "Θα πρέπει να δράσουμε σύντομα αν θέλουμε να αποτρέψουμε -" the Overwatcher's reply was cut short by an earthshaking, or in this case cloud-shaking blast that sounded around them. The Overwatchers rose from their seat and looked towards the exit, the boys busied themselves with figuring out an escape when suddenly they felt two sets of eyes boring into them. All movement ceased, the boys didn't dare turn their gazes towards the source of their discomfort, knowing that what they saw waiting for them would be far worse than anything they could've imagined.

It felt like hours the boys were stilled in trepidation when it was only mere seconds. Out of nowhere, the boys felt themselves being pulled towards each other, they'd lost complete control over their bodies and could only look on in anticipation as they neared each other. Then it was as if they were inside each other, everything went dark.

Light peaked through Alex's eyelids. They fluttered open then dilated, unused to the white light that flooded the room he occupied.