Chapter 7: Playing And A Doctor's Appointment

Late the next morning, the items for Harry's room finally arrive. Charity and Severus set to work immediately, wanting his room to be all set up for that night. They had Oliver and Thomas set up the high chair in the kitchen while they painted his room.

Meanwhile, Harry sits on the couch watching Paw Patrol in view of the other boys. Thomas loved to build things and was a perfectionist like his dad. Oliver wasn't as interested, but he didn't mind helping out if it was for his new baby brother Harry.

The color they had chosen for Harry's room was a light blue color, and they had all agreed that it would suit the boy's room nicely. After finishing up with the painting, Severus and Charity headed downstairs to make lunch, Severus glancing at his watch and raising his eyebrows at the time. It had gotten to be a little later than they had originally thought.

Once in the living room, they found Oliver and Thomas sat on the couch with Harry in between them watching a movie.

Charity smiled softly and headed over to the kitchen to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for everyone. It would be Harry's first time trying such a thing, so Charity was excited to find out if he would like it. Once situated in his new highchair, Harry experienced his first taste of the new food, his sandwich cut into squares without crust and spaced out evenly on his tray.

After taking a tentative bite, the boy's face flushed with delight. Charity chuckled as he began to stuff the rest of the sandwich into his mouth, though she had to remind him once or twice to slow down and chew.

Once they were done eating, the family heads straight back to work. They had gotten Harry a smaller bed with added guard rails in fear he might roll-off and hurt himself. It seemed to be a good buy, but they'd have to find out.

"This room is really shaping up! I hope he likes it," Charity fusses, handing Severus a part to the bed for him to screw in.

"Of course he will. He's going to have the best room he's ever had especially with all of the toys we've spoiled him with. Speaking of which, why don't you go check on him? I've got it from here," Severus smiles, kissing his wife before allowing her to head downstairs. It had been a while since they had last checked on the boy, though he was still sitting with Thomas and Oliver.

"Hi, boys," the woman called as she entered the living room, plopping down onto the sofa next to Harry, who was clad in nothing but his pull-up and a vest. He had been too hot in his outfit placed on him that morning.

"Hey, mum. We were just playing with cars. Harry loves them!" Oliver shouts, pushing a car across the floor as he adds a few sound effects. Harry watches on with big green eyes as he giggles a bit. Charity looks to the boy who sits crouched on the sofa, holding a car in each hand. "Are you playing cars, honey?" At Harry's nod, the woman smiles. Harry seems to be warming up to them a lot, coming out of his shell more and more with every passing moment that the family shows him love and attention.

"How about you show me what these cars do," Charity encourages. Harry nods and slips off of the sofa to crouch on the floor,showing off his saggy pullup. It was full Charity notices, though she waits for the boy to show off his car before pulling him aside for a quick change.

"Brummmmmmm!" Harry shouts adorably as he pushes his car across the floor, rushing over to it as it came to a stop. "Well done, baby boy, that's brilliant!Come see me for a moment, though, yeah?"

Harry frowns, but like the good little obedient boy he is, waddles over to Charity with the car that he seems to favor.

"I think someone needs a change, yeah?" Charity raises an eyebrow. Harry thinks about it before glancing down. He hadn't even known he had to go. He hadn't felt his little tummy nudging him to go for a wee-wee.