chapter 1: Trash of the Zander clan

In a small hut located in the back  of a shabby courtyard sat a young boy in white clothes.

He was holding a book in his hand with the words "Tortoise barrier skill" written on it. Initially the boy received jeers of mockery and ridicule from everyone around him for picking this skill as this was one of the Zander clan's discarded techniques for the soul reason of it being extremely difficult to comprehend, but the boy was determined to learn this skill as it was rumoured to be able to defend against a 100 swords.

As he was about to open the book, he heard sounds of footsteps approaching the hut.

"WADE," said a voice coming from outside.

Shortly after the door to the room started emitting screeching sounds as the door slowly opened, following that a middle aged man in grey robes walk in unhesitatingly.

"Who gave you permission to enter?" Asked Wade still seated on the ground.

"My apologies young master, I was tasked by the elders to come here and inform you that all clan members should gather at the assembly hall by sunrise," replied the middle aged man.

"Understood, you can show yourself out now," said Wade still seated on the ground with book in hand.

Upon hearing that the middle aged man started making his way to the exit, but as he arrived at the exit, about to close the door on the way out he managed to see the name of the book in Wade's hand.

Upon seeing that the middle aged man stopped and said, "young master wade I advise you to practice a different skill as not even our lord patriarch managed to understand that skill."

"Whatever I decide to study is none of your concern," said Wade calmly.

Before waiting for the man in grey robes to comment Wade said,"you can get going now."

Seeing how Wade refused to take his advice the middle aged man snorted coldly and left.

Seeing that the man was gone, Wade placed the book down and sighed to himself.

Ever since he was young people treated him like that.

That man just now was just a mere servant for the Zander clan, but even with the status of servant he still dared to walk into Wade's hut.

The main reason why people despised him so much is because he wasn't related to the clan by blood.

13 years ago the third son of the patriarch, Gates Zander, brought Wade to the clan as a baby, with the claim that wade was lying in a basket while about to be eaten by a wild beast, so upon seeing that Gates rescued him and brought him back to the clan to raise as if he was his own son

If it were anyone else  that had found Wade and tried bringing him back to the clan the elders would have probably thrown him back outside to die, but fortunately for Wade it was Gates the 3rd son of patriarch and one of current strongest elders in the clan, they had to give him some  respect and let Wade stay in the clan.

But because they had to give respect to Gates, didn't mean they had to do the same for wade, thus they started picking on him, from his fellow clan mates to the mere servants, but because he technically had the status of "young master" due to his father, the servants could only pick on him in secret.

Another reason why he was bullied so much Is because they thought he was trash at practicing magic in comparison to his peers.

As upon reaching the age of 10 everyone who could control magic unlocked their grimoire and to most people this was a symbol of one's power.

Every one in the Zander clan had either an Ice or flame grimoire but when wade unlocked his grimoire their was only a little snake on it, it seemed completely useless, so because of this, more people started to treat him as if he was worse than shit, he even had to stop eating food cooked by the servants as they would spit in it, he saw them in the action of doing so when he was going for a loaf of bread in the kitchen...

  Shortly after his own father stopped coming to visit him.

Wade only had one person whom he considered family, and that was his younger cousin Sue Zander. Whom he called little sue.

But unbeknownst to the outside world  a few months ago when he turned 13, the little snake on his grimoire grew one head longer.

After seeing that wade gained hope and started training harder than he had before.

"I will make them know the the feeling of reel regret," thought Wade to himself as he started studying the tortoise barrier skill.