Weekends; A Three-Part Mini-Opera - Whizzvin & Jason

Part Two

The next day, we all went to the museum together; it was a science museum as Marvin had figured that Jason would like it more than a stuffy art museum. While the trip was a bit boring for me, I know Jason loved it there.

"Oh, dad! Look at this!" Jason exclaimed, his eyes twinkling. Marvin ran over.

As the stared at the contraption together, I noticed that they finally looked like a family. They weren't miles apart anymore; Jason's mind wasn't wandering and Marvin wasn't frustrated. They were just looking at a cool contraption, like a father and a son. I smiled.

When they came back, Marvin clapped a hand on Jason's shoulder and he laughed. Then, we kept going. As we walked, Jason went on and on about all the different discoveries he had made here; he was having loads of fun and anyone could tell you that.

Finally, we made it to our final attraction. This time, it was a video game that was in a capsule that spun and flipped you upside down; it was supposed to represent the airplane the person was flying.

Okay, I'll admit; I was absolutely stoked for this one, and I hoped Marvin would let me go on it with Jason. Hell, I could feel my eyes grow wider when I saw how cool it was!

"Hey, Whizz, can you take this one? Rides like these make me queasy," Marvin nervously told me.

I snickered, "Okay, old man."

"You're wicked."

I laughed and turned to Jason, "Looks like it's me and you bud!"

He giggled when I ruffled his hair, "Okay!"

When we got into the attraction, we had already agreed that I would be the one navigating and he would be the one shooting. It was still chaos, though, but the good kind.

"Whizzer, go to the right!"

"I'm trying, I'm trying!"

"We're going to get hit!"

"Shoot it!"

We yelled over the noises of the game, but goddamn, it was one of the most fun things I've ever done! We laughed so much that I felt absolutely free when we got out.

Jason hopped a bit, saying, "We should totally do that again!"

I looked him in the eyes, serious, and said, "Absolutely."

And so, with a lot of persuading to Marvin, we went on again.

When we got back to Marv, he asked, "You guys done yet?"

"Yeah, I'm satisfied," I shrugged.

Jason also responded, "I guess. It was so much fun, though—oh, I should text Heather about it!"

Marvin shook his head and chuckled, "Well, let's get out of here; it's getting late and we still have to get dinner."

I'll save you the details of our journey to the restaurant, but I will tell you that it was Jason's favorite restaurant; at that point, his smile was shockingly wide and his eyes shined. My heart was extremely content and happy and Marvin noticed this from the expression on my face; he teased me, but it was playful and he meant no harm. Dinner was great, though! I'll say, Jason has real good taste in restaurants. Our conversations were great, too: hilarious and free. We had lost ourselves and lost track of time so much at that restaurant that by the time we returned home, it was already around 10:30! Now, don't get me wrong, I could stay up into the late hours of the night, and I used to do it a lot; however, Jason and Marvin never stayed up late! Thus, it was surprising for me to see them up at this hour. We all went to bed right when we got home, though.

Jason parted from Marvin and I in the hallway, yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"I'm 'unna go t' bed," he spoke sleepily.

"Okay, kiddo. I'll see you in the morning," Marvin said, pulling him into an embrace.

"Night, dad. Love you."

Marvin smiled, "I love you too."

Jason let go of Marvin and turned to me, "Night, Whizzer."

He opened his arms up and me and I chuckled softly, crouching to hug him.

"Goodnight, buddy."

"Love you," he said cautiously into my ear.

"I...love you, too," I replied to him, holding him tighter; I didn't let many people get this close to me anymore, so I wanted to hold on while I still could.

Jason stepped back and waved, saying goodnight one last time, and then went to his room. Marvin and I departed to ours, where we finally relaxed. Quickly, I stripped down to my boxers feeling quite free.

I stole a glance at Marvin after he had just taken off his shirt. With a smirk, I strode over to him and wrapped my arms around his waste, swaying us side to side.

He chuckled, "C'mon, Whizz, I still gotta get my jeans off."

I whined in a hum and he kissed my head, which lay on his shoulder.

"I'll meet you in bed, okay?"

"Fine, but hurry," I responded, my voice deep with exhaustion, "I want some cuddles."

I can't remember much of what happened between that and Marvin finally getting into the bed. He climbed in and threw his arms around me. I kissed him, then shifted around so that my back was facing him; I wanted to be the little spoon that night.

Holding his arms, in the darkness of the night, I whispered something I never thought I would hear myself say first.

"Marv?"

"Yes?"

Silence, for a few moments.

"I love you."

I felt him tense against my body, but he soon relaxed and nuzzled further into my shoulder.

"I love you, too," he whispered from below my jawline and kissed it.

Then I fell asleep.