Euphoria

A/N : This is my contest of MAY writing challenges by Kara_Song

Lisa Mayhem was a gray-eyed, wild red haired high schooler who liked going to parties with her friends, Reading while snuggling into a   comfy armchair but she absolutely loved laying under an age old oak tree and just observing the people around her in the park near her place.

Much like her name, Lisa's thoughts were often in mayhem. Not the usual teenager angst but sombre musings of laughs, tears and life in general.

Lisa was sitting in the park doing her favorite thing when she observed the Adam family of three, a short distance from her.

The Adams lived next door to her. They were the usual happy family consisting of Emily Adam, the sweet Florist mom with  hands that created some not-so-great cookies.
Derek Adam, The father who taught history at her school who did make great cookies. The last part of their family was the five year old Nicole Adams who spoke the cutest words in her sweetest tone and cried like a banashee at bedtime.

Lisa had noticed that the family of three had been coming to the park daily since the arrival of a new member in their family- the little red bicycle with a pink basket.

It was the most prized possession of sweet Nicole who was fixed on the idea of learning to ride it without any supporters. It shouldn't have been a big deal but in Nicole's kindergarten world, it meant power. Her partner,  Stupid Sam could so she had to too.

Till now, she hadn't been to complete a full round on the asphalt without the cycle tumbling down or she with it.

Lisa observed as Nicole doing her daily ritual to  put on her pink helmet, set her sole down on the pedal and give what you would call a war cry, "Let go, daddy!" and set off.

Lisa waited for the tumble but to her surprise, she saw Nicole coming back almost completing the round, her eyes enlarging with each second.

As Nicole completed her round, she jumped off her cycle, her body trembling with excitement and her eyes sparking bright and flung herself into her father's arms, "I did it, Daddy! Wait till I Violet about this!"

Her father picked her up and twirled her arouns while her mother stood grinning a few yards away. Th entire family was the poster picture of happiness.

Lisa contemplated the scene before her with a knowing smile and penned down in her purple diary of myrid thoughts,

Happiness doesn't have a frame of reference. Your company entering the fortune 500 list or eating your secret stash of Hershey kisses, getting a 100 on a test or finally getting rid of that damn C grade, stepping towards your new home or just missing to step on that lego on the floor, it doesn't matter how big or important or consequential your news is, the smallest of the smallest things can make you just feel  EUPHORIC!!!