Chapter 16

So, a model for Ethel was also requested. I am going to use this beauty, Marpessa Dawn (thank you @uncouthwriter for finding out her name!)

 I am going to use this beauty, Marpessa Dawn (thank you @uncouthwriter for finding out her name!)

~~~

Ethel groggily forced her eyes open and cringed at the sour taste in her mouth. Still clad in last night's clothes, a warm soaking in the bathtub only seemed to beckon her name. The spicy scent of Richard's cologne still lingered on her clothes, permeating through her nostrils, reminding her of their lustful encounter. She had checked in rather late, but even at such an ungodly hour, Michael wasn't even home himself when she returned. Too exhausted to wait for him, or more so too ashamed, she wasted no time rushing to bed.  A part of her felt as though she were betraying Michael. Richard was his friend, and he had had already done so much for her. Naturally, it seemed unfair to Michael  for her to go behind his back and neck his friend at a job he had ultimately set up for her. Ethel  brushed her guilty conscience  aside and convinced herself that  there was no harm in her actions as long as Michael didn't find out.

She shivered as her feet made contact with the cold wood floors. Stripping her clothes from her body, she shuffled down the hall into Michael's master bedroom. She preferred the tall ceilings and spacious, luxurious bathtub in his bathroom over the quaint guest bathroom that she usually used. His bathroom was painted a calming green, with decorative influences of Moroccan designs for the fixtures. The marble bathtub was settled in an arched enclosure with two small pillars on either side of the main arch. Dangling above the bathtub, was a stunning Moroccan lamp that casted intricate shadows along the walls of the enclosure. She turned the water on and sat on the rim of the porcelain tub, pouring rose scented crystals into the slowly rising water. She played with a loose tendril of her hair and swirled the water with her feet to check the temperature.