P.S. I've Always Loved You - Preface

"You fight like a girl Lizzy!" He shouted chasing after you

You swiftly changed directions in order to keep his hands from grabbing you. "That's because I am a girl you idiot! Maybe try and keep up Tommy!"

You ran all the way to the end of the tree line, finally giving up once your chest burned without letting up. He slowed his pace and dropped his hands to his knee trying to catch his breath too.

"That's not fair Lizzy. You're smaller and run faster than me. I'm a man!" He almost sounded offended.

You just furrowed brows, smirking at his pouty manner. "Barely, you're just a boy chasing after all the girls. But I won't tell them that." You playfully smiled at him.

"Come on Lizzy. I gotta get you home." He threw his arm around your shoulders, leading you back to your house. You loved Tommy, he was your best friend. But he was right, he was beginning to look like a man. His body had bulked up and he had more muscle and he seemed more protective of you around the other boys. You watched him as you walked through the woods admiring this new person beside you.

"What you lookin' at me for?" He accused.

"Nothin' Tommy, just admiring."

He rolled his eyes, slightly pulling into his side as a playful gesture. "Don't get soft on me know Lizzy." He cracked a grin at you and immediately darted through the woods leaving you behind.

You just looked at after him, seeing the fleeting boy still left in him. You would miss that little boy in him as time passed, you knew you both may not be around each other forever, but you couldn't help feel a sense of longing already.

—–

You sat at your usual table, sipping at your cup of tea waiting on him, as usual. It was a quiet morning, a lull on this strangely cold morning that made your cheeks pinch. You turn your head at the chime of the doorbell hoping it was him walking in and becoming increasingly exasperated when it isn't. He was notorious for his punctuality, and you always took a jab at him when you could.

You make it back to your seat with you third cup of tea this morning when you hear the shuffling of an out of sorts man. He plops himself in the seat across from you looking extremely disheveled from your peripherals.

You don't even glance up at him from your book, but checked your watch instead. "Ahh, right on time." You smirk.

"Very funny Lizzy. Where's my drink?" He scrunches his face at you patting his clothes down frantically, you assume he forgot something at home...again.

"Well this is my third one Tommy, I drank yours up because you were taking a fuckin' long time. So I figured your highness wouldn't want cold tea."

He rolled his eyes at your jokes. At least he took it in stride. There was not a moment you didn't let pass without teasing him about his faults. You found them adorable, though, you would never admit that out loud.

He laughs to himself when he finally finds his phone, filtering through his notifications. "You know if you actually got organized you wouldn't have these issues."

He scoffed at your suggestion. "I have a perfect system, what are you on about?"

"Let me guess, organized chaos? Seems as such." You rolled your eyes.

"Leave me alone woman." He waved you off to go back to your reading. You shook your head smiling. He was still the same little boy, but had his head screwed on a bit better, or so you liked to think.

You looked up over your book at him, as he got up to call someone on his phone. Normally you would be offended by him leaving like that, but as of late you couldn't say that because of his new girlfriend Mia.

She was sweet enough, but she was a complete bimbo. You've met her before and it baffled you how the last two brain cells in her head were still working. The overtime alone would have killed them off. But Tommy loved her, or at least that's what he told you, but you didn't fully believe him.

She was not as famous as he was, but she was recognized in the media. She was real sweet on Tommy, but she hated you from time to time and wasn't afraid to show it. You could sense she was jealous at your relationship with him. You had mention this to Tom, but he would brush it off saying you were just being overprotective of him. You just blew him off because he was so blinded by her, he couldn't see how much she didn't care.

You recall the time he was in a different country for months shooting his newest film. He was wrapping up all the final things for it and called to let you know he would be coming home and needed a ride from the airport. Of course you obliged and offered to get him. At this time he was with Mia so you felt like you should include her and surprise Tommy because he hadn't seen her in a while. As soon as your knew the day he arrived you told Mia about so she wouldn't forget.

Then the time arrives, you are at the airport an hour before his plane lands. Mia is cutting it close to the time and you keep frantically calling her cell. You see the plan land just off in the distance and hear her calling for you.

"Hey sorry I'm late! Got caught up at work!" You notice her trying to fix the ruffles in her skirt and running her fingers through her hair.

You look at her incredulously. "That's Ok, his plane just landed. I'm going to run to the bathroom, umm, you wait here for him."

You wanted to scream at her, but thought best not to in the airport. Upon returning you spot him first exiting the plane, he sees Mia and rushes over to her.

He grabs and pulls her into his arms and swings her around. She giggles like a little school girl. "I've missed you love! Oh I am going to spoil you all month long!"

He just laughs and peppers kisses all over her face. "I'm already spoiled, I've got you!"

She traced the features of his face with her delicate finger, peering into his bright eyes. "Well, whatever it is you wish to have, it's all yours."

He thought about this for a moment and then smiled at her again. "I want you."

She cradled his face in her hands and pressed their foreheads together, letting out a soft laugh. "I'm yours."

You felt a familiar tightness in your chest and wished that was you instead, but he never felt that way towards you. You were just like a little sister to him.

You jogged up to them, greeting Tom and then Mia. "Hey sorry I'm late." You lied. Mia eyed you, but went along with it.

"You forget about me already? Come 'ere." He wrapped his arms around you. You looked back at Mia behind you as she mouthed her thanks to you, and you gave her a half hearted smile.

"I could never, but uhh thanks to Mia for saving my butt." You dryly laughed. He just turned his face to her, looking at her as if she was the whole world. He was so happy and you were in no position to take that away from him.

You draw yourself out of the memory and look up to see him laughing like a little kid again. He was blushing like a school girl, probably about something Mia said. He finished his call and came over to you.

"You would make a cute catholic school girl." You tease at him.

"You would know wouldn't you?" He quipped back.

"All I'm saying is your blushing like a virgin at a brothel. Mia called?"

The sound of her name solicited a smile from him. It hurt you knowing it wasn't yours that could do that, but he was happy and that's what you loved most. "Yeah, she's gonna be comin' home and we were planning a night out while she's here."

"Don't get too crazy hot shot." You winked at him. He looked at you smirking and shaking his head.

"I'm not a little boy anymore Lizzy." You acknowledged this and nodded your head. No he certainly wasn't, but it didn't mean you didn't want things like they used to be.