Lacking

Aurora snuggled into her fathers side, pale eyelids drooping over violet pupils. She was waiting with Alfred for her uncles arrival. She was excited, but not as excited as she used to be. When she was younger, she had been looking forward to the Russians arrival, and even went as far as giving the house a new coat of paint, and adding a new addition to whichever house she was living in. The house they were at now was one of those, so there was no need to prepare a guest bedroom, when they could just dust off the one Rory had made all those years ago. With a heavy sigh, she hopped off the couch, pecked her father on the cheek, and gave him a tight hug around the neck.
"Hey snowflake," America started, "ya' doin' okay?" Aurora flinched, clenching handfuls of Alfreds captain America shirt. "Well-" She was interrupted by the sound of slamming doors, and rather loud grunts of discomfort.
With a reluctant huff, Aurora released her father and walked towards the door. Alfred watched, frowning at his daughters odd behavior. He had observed over the years, and found that her enthusiasm for Russia's arrival was indeed lacking. Maybe it was because she had learned about the Cold War? Or just the constant quarreling between the two? They had kept the fighting to a minimum whenever Alaska was around, but maybe she had gotten old enough to see the two kicking each other under the table, or glaring when the other wasn't looking. No matter what the reason was, America planned to help his daughter through it. He wouldn't plan to, he was going to.

••••••••••••
Another short update because I don't have enough inspiration to do a whole chapter. (Sorry y'all)