The Escape

Sparks fly as the weapons rub against each other. Zihao and Ash struggle as Mudae pushes against their weapons. Zihao desperately pushes back but despite his efforts, it's no good. He fires an energy ball at Mudae, and it heads straight towards her face. She dodges, despite the short distance between them and her. Ash also tries to push back and fails to make a difference and she desperately fires a destructive energy disc that can slice through almost anything at Mudae's sword. Ash laughs, "I got her there."

However, just after that statement, Mudae releases one hand from her sword's handle and catches it bare-handed, then throwing it at Ash's head. Ash narrowly ducks just in time before her head gets sliced off. "You are no match for me," Mudae states. "Just give up and surrender your life to me." Her sinister laugh echoes through the city. "Never!" Ash says with a tremor in her voice. "I won't let you. I won't let you destroy this beautiful world of ours, nor let you dominate it. It's our world and we get to choose how we want to live our lives." Mudae smirks. She suddenly releases a burst of energy and pushes on their swords even harder. Not wanting to give up, Zihao and Ash put all they have got into attempting to force their way through Mudae's defence.

Mudae shows almost no struggle, even at this point in time. Mudae pushes back a final time, forcing them to back away. They release the pressure between the weapons. Zihao and Ash sweat profusely, although there are no signs of giving up just yet, in their minds they already know who will win this battle.

"What will we do?" Zihao asked, panicked. "We know we can't win this battle. Do we retreat?" No response from Ash. She is still sweating profusely but not as much as Zihao. "Ashley?" The silence lasts for around 2 minutes. She finally speaks, "Retreat... For now." Mudae, finally recovering from a bit of energy loss, starts attacking again. She fires one energy ball after another; a barrage of energy balls heads in Zihao's and Ashley's direction. They attempt to dodge but Zihao and Ashley both get hit by an energy ball. They are severely injured and is no longer capable of fighting at all. Zihao throws down a smoke bomb that he had made a few months ago, just for this kind of situation.

Mudae sees them attempting to escape but not even she can see through the thick smoke bomb dust clouds. They successfully escape Mudae's wrath and head in the direction of Zihao's house. Just as they arrive, they immediately crawl towards the medical room. Zihao pulls out a tiny capsule from the shelf of medicines. He offers one to Ash. They both swallow it and lie down on a bed. They wait for their bodies to recover from the damage they suffered from Mudae's harsh attacks. They miraculously recover within 30 minutes due to the pill they had taken earlier. They sit up and brainstorms plans to defeat Mudae, knowing that the people of Earth need them, and they are all in grave danger.