Chapter Six

Hey guys you might hate me whoops. Also I'm loving my new motivation to write!

Grab some tissues sisters it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

This song is so sad :(

An anxious Gilbert paced around the room. His nervousness had taken over. The doctor had been examining Anne for over two hours. Gilbert had offered his services, but the doctor refused. Saying something about not having a faint heart.

Marilla and Matthew had taken a spot on the couch, frozen in fear. *clunk clunk clunk* when Gilbert's boots around the room. He was in a trance staring straight at the ground. His feet started hurting. He sat down. He felt fine again. He stood back up. "Anyone thirsty?" He blurted into the hallow silence. Marilla and Matthew looked at him from across the room. "Oh we're fine dea-" "Tea, yes tea would be nice!" He managed to say before he nervously walked to the kitchen, clanking all the dishes. He had put water in the kettle and was about to get tea bags out when the doctor came down stairs.

Gilbert practically ran to him as did Marilla and Matthew. "H-how is she?" Gilbert Said. "Two broken ribs, a fractured arm, and a concussion." The doctor said. You could see Gilbert was holding onto every word he said as if his life depended on it. "Oh dear God." Was all Marilla could manage to say. "B-But she'll be ok?" Gilbert asked. "She's a fighter son no doubt about that. I'm sure your Anne will be up and running soon just as before.

"But." The Doctor hesitated. "There is a chance of amnesia." "Amnesia?" Marilla asked as if it was a foreign word. "Yes amnesia, amnesia is a loss of memory. It can be short term or forever. It's a 50/50 chance." "You mean she won't remember me?" Gilbert asked. The doctor could see the fear in his eyes. "No it doesn't always mean that. Amnesia can make you loose memory of certain things or everything. The only way to find out is when she wakes up. So when she wakes up I want you all to go up to her room. I'll go with you to see how she reacts." The group nodded their heads and headed up the stairs. They just couldn't wait any longer to see her.

Anne woke up to a fog. It felt as if she where in a magical dreamland. She was Alice falling down the rabbit hole. Down and down and down. Her thought where interrupted when she heard footsteps coming toward her.

Gilbert had been watching Anne's eyes waiting for any sign that she might be awake. About half an hour later she woke up. He rushed to her side practically slamming into Anne's side table. "Just slow down son. Give her some time." The doctor said. But Gilbert couldn't hear him because he had already sat in the bed beside her and took her hand. "Kids these days." The doctor rolled his eyes.

"Anne, anne?" Gilbert whispered gently while stroking her hand with his finger. Anne fluttered her eyes open. "Ow." She said squeezing her eyes shut. "Oh Anne." Gilbert Said gently while still caressing her hand. "Where am I?" Anne murmured. "Your at green gables Anne your home." "Oh yes! Where's Marilla and Marty?" "My name is Matthew Anne." "Oh yes sorry Matthew."

"Anne do you know who I am?" Gilbert was praying that she did. "Of course I know who you are." Anne said. Gilbert let out a sigh of relief. "Your the doctor." "No Anne I'm Gilbert, Gilbert Blythe." He said gently. "Gilbert Blythe? Sorry Mr I don't know you." Anne said looking at him. "Of course you do Anne! I met you in the woods on the way to school. I called you carrots and you whacked me over the head with your slate. We have a rivalry and every day we compete against each other hoping to be he smartest. I know you say you don't care about me but somewhere deep down inside I know you do!" Gilbert had run out of breath. His tone sounded urgent.

Anne looked at him with sympathy. "I want to believe you Mr. but I'm sure I would've remembered you." Gilbert looked back at the doctor with tears running down his face. "Come on son I'll take you home." "No! I need to be with Anne I need my Anne!" He cried. The doctor had taken both of Gilbert's arms. Gilbert was fighting to stay with her. He didn't care how ridiculous he looked. The doctor was strong but Gilbert was younger, stronger. He managed to be let free and ran to Anne's side. "Please Anne say you remember me!" He pleaded. "I'm sorry Mr. but I just don't."

Gilbert's heart was shattered. Into a million pieces. He had stopped fighting. The doctor took his arms and pulled him out the door.

On the way back home the doctor tried to give him encouraging words saying that this might only be temporary and everything would be ok. But Gilbert wasn't listening. He couldn't stop thinking of her.

The doctor pulled up the driveway about 9:30 at night. John Blythe walked as fast as his legs would take him. "Where have you been!" Gilbert didn't hear him he jumped off the buggy and walked sluggishly inside. He got a pot of coffee started.

Outside, John Blythe couldn't be more confused. "Perhaps we should talk Mr. Blythe." The doctor said. "Yes that is a good idea." Said John.

After being explained what happened John walked inside. Gilbert was sipping coffee and staring at nothing. His mind was hallow. He couldn't rap his head around what had happened. He started wondering if this was just a dream and he would wake up and everything would be ok. But it wasn't a dream. It was reality.

John looked at his boy with sympathy. He went to say something but Gilbert made a dash for his room. Not wanting to talk to anybody, and wanting to be left alone with only his thoughts as company.

I tried to make everything the doctor said as realistic as possible. And yes amnesia was discovered around Anne's time so idk if doctors where diagnosing it yet, but let's pretend they where lol

How did you like it?

Also my WiFi's down so yeah

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

-Lauren