Dan saves the day

Dan didn't want to go out on such a night but he wanted to help Lisa. He ran towards the woods and saw a faint glow of light from a random house. He started to sprint towards the wooden door and he gasped. He didn't know what to expect if he saw Lisa.

Dan opened the door to find her standing there, crying. He stared at her, in shock. He never saw Lisa cry like that before.

"Why, Dana..." she whispered with a cracked voice.

"Lisa, what happened to you?" Dan asked Lisa with concern in his voice.

"Dana's dead!" She replied with a yelp. "Dana got killed in a car accident."

Dan was definitely surprised. He looked at her with concern. "Do you want me to help you, Lisa?"

"I guess so..." she replied with a raspy voice.

They had to work together so they were going to have to learn to get along. She knelt on the carpet in her new living-room, a big cardboard box in front of her, unwrapping ornaments.

"What can I do with Christmas? She's always here with me on Christmas," Lisa complained. She was beginning to realize how far down in her memory she'd buried her teenage years.

"I don't know, Lisa..." Dan whispered into her ear.

With him, she'd had some wonderfully stable times. She felt like that she should trust him, with all of her heart and mind and gut instincts.

And then, there was a strange wailing sound coming from the next room. She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor: A notebook, a piece of gum, a random pencil, a flashlight, and an eraser.

"Lisa... what is all this?" Dan asked Lisa.

She glared at him. "Dan, that wailing sound was something I never heard before and I knew there is a flashlight in my bag so I can check it out," she explained. She looked around quickly, to see if anything had been taken.