Forty-Six

I know you're supposed to press an icepack hard against the swelling, but I fail to see how adding more pain to the existing pain is the go-to solution. If you get shot in the leg, it's not like you shoot it with another bullet to get it out. Although that might make a hilarious sketch at some point...

A trickle of water escaped the plastic bag and slid down my cheek, curling around my neck to slide down my bare back. It was bad enough on the skin but on my spine, it drilled through my skin straight down to the bone. I shivered and lay back against Kayla's pillows, sighing in relief as the cold disappeared. I curled up the edge of the bag with my thumb and pressed it harder against my cheek, glancing towards the open door.

Kayla was barely visible in the hall bathroom, wiping off her lower body with a damp towel. Too fucking close...As painful as my face was, she did manage to knock me out of her before I came. A second later and we would have the wondrous world of teenage parenthood to look forward to. Probably. I mean, it wasn't certain, but there was no way I was going to risk our futures just because I was too lost in how amazing it felt to get proper control of myself. That was worth the back of her surprisingly-solid head smashing right into my cheek. Just had to make sure she was on the pill next time so she didn't end up caving in my skull.

Speaking of...why wasn't she on the pill? I thought she had been. I'd cum inside her often enough without worry. So why—

She shut off the light in the bathroom and walked back in the bedroom, giving me a small smile. "How's the face?" she asked, lying on the bed with her legs slightly spread.

"Hideous as ever." She swatted my arm. "Ow! Haven't you damaged me enough?"

"Your fault," she muttered, sighing deeply, "You weren't pulling out."

"I didn't know you were off the pill." Another trickle of water slid down my face but I managed to wipe it away before it managed to get to my back. "When did that happen?"

"Sorry. I...kind of forgot."

"Forgot to take them or forgot you stopped taking them?"

She frowned a little. "Kind of both. I mean, when we were having regular sex, it was kind of easy to keep track. It was like a schedule." She gingerly rubbed between her legs. "But since it's been a while..."

I winced as a muscle twitched in my bruised cheek. "I'm sorry, Kayla. You know I would have—"

"I'm not blaming you," she said quickly, rolling on her side and resting a hand on my leg, "Not at all. I completely understand. It's just...well, if I didn't need to take the pill, I kinda figured I wouldn't." She rested her head against my side. "Guess I shouldn't have stopped. I only just remembered when you told me you were gonna cum."

I smirked down at her. "Too eager to get some to think of it earlier?"

She rolled her eyes. "Something like that." She noted the dripping bag of ice. "Do you want me to get you a towel or something for that? Just to stop the dripping."

"Sure."

She ran to the bathroom and came back, holding out a hand cloth. "So what are you gonna say when people ask about it?" she said, curling up against me with her head on my thigh, "Second time you've taken a good hit in a month."

"Is it that bad?" I asked, pressing the towel to my cheek. I could still feel the chill of the ice through the cloth, now without that annoying dripping.

"It looked pretty bad before. It might be better in a bit." She gently stroked my back with a warm hand. "So what was up with you? Was it really that good?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like...when you were near the end. What got you all distracted and made me have to..." She gestured up at my face.