Chapter 3

Third Person

Two girls are sitting on the hood of a parked car in a cliff, silence surrounded the both of them after they talked about random things, conspiracy theories, aliens, the bible and their future.

They sat there comfortably beside each other. The presence of one another is just enough for the both of them.

They were curious kids who like to explore the whole world while they're young.

The younger held the older girl's hand.

"I wanna be with you forever." She said with an uncertain tone in her voice, like she was trying to believe that something that can't happen in the future could maybe happen, just maybe.

"I also wanted to, I swear," The older girl looked down on her crossed legs, she wanted to assure the younger girl that she's never going to leave but they don't own the future. Some things can happen, and that might tear them apart.

The younger girl huffed before releasing the older's hand, she looked up at the starry sky.

"I know there's a 'but' after that sentence."

The older looked at her with sympathy. "I'm sorry."

The year is coming to an end, they're about to finish their senior year and they are going to proceed to college, in different paths.

As much as the both of them wanted to stay together, they can't.

They know eventually life is going to tear them apart and that time is nearly coming.

The younger jumped off the hood and she stood up in front of the older girl that's still sitting on the hood. The fished the pocket knife in her back pocket.

"What-" The older was cut off when the younger pulled her down the car. Even though the latter was holding up a knife and had a serious look on her face, like she was about to stab the fuck out of her, the older girl couldn't find fear inside of her. She somehow, always felt so safe with the younger.

"Let's make a promise." The younger girl cut her palm with the knife without thinking twice, the blood rushed out of her hand making the older shiver. There's just too much blood.

They are standing beside the cliff, the sound of the waves of the ocean filled the cold breeze that's surrounding them.

The older girl shut her eyes closed before she nodded and she held her right hand up, letting the younger cut the skin of her palm. "Ow." She whimpered and closed her hand, thinking it could lessen the pain that shot up to her system. She grimaced when she saw the amount of blood that escaped from the open wound of her palm.

They met each other's gaze before joining their hand together, making their blood run as one.

"I solemnly swear, that no matter what happens, even if life tears us apart, I will never forget you, my heart always belongs to you and only you, even when stars come down, and the sun and moon disappear from the sky, I will find you, and be with you. No matter the circumstances are.. you will always be my greatest love."

The younger girl held her head up, meeting her girlfriend's gaze.

The latter inhaled deeply before she speaks.

"With the moon and the starry sky as the witness of our love, I promise that I will never ever forget you and I'll never ever love anyone as much as I love you, even if we take different paths in the future and meet somebody else, you will always be down here in my heart, you're my greatest love, my better half, my everything and when the time finally comes, I promise to find you again and be with you, forever and ever." The older girl couldn't help but shed a tear, she was afraid of what's going to happen after, will they be able to keep this promise.