Staged

Soft hands gently shook me awake. " Ash.. you need to wake up"

"Why.." I mumbled

" We need to escape."

I sat up quickly, eyes widening and looked around the room. I slumped back against the wall " I was hoping this was all a dream.." I sighed

" I wish it was ash.. I wish"

I stretched and let out a yawn.

"You know this place better than I do. Any ideas on what to do?" Dustin asked 

I looked at the ground thinking. " Well generally two wolves will come down to bring food for us. I'm guessing soonish, we could always attack them? They might have a key." I paused. " the main issue is they are generally stronger than your average wolf so it would be difficult."
Dustin sighed and glanced away.

" I bet we could do it. But once we take them out--" if we take them out!" I cut in

"Yes.. If we take them out, then what?"

" well.. First we see if we can help any other wolves. Then there should be another way out from the basement. Not many wolves guard down here.. The alphas a little two cocky since he thinks it's impossible to escape here." I explained

" okay.. I guess now we just wait?"

" I guess so." I sighed and held my head in my hands.

My mind scrambled to try and figure out a solution to get us out of here but I kept getting dead ends. This felt completely pointless, we're powerless against them!

"Ash we should stage a fight."

"What? Why? How would that help us? I think it would do the opposite of helping." I rolled my eyes at the suggestion.

" If we pretend to fight then the two wolves have to open the gate to break us up. From their we can either lock them in or attack them when they get in here."

"That's.. Actually not a bad idea. As long as we are careful not to hurt each other too much then we could actually pull this off!" I jumped to my feet and shifted.

" Lets do this." Dustin snarled before shifting
I barked a reply before pouncing on him,  I quickly bit into his shoulder. Dustin gently swatted at my face before pushing me off with his hind legs. He barked rapidly before rolling to his feet. We both began circling each other. Loud snarls echoed across the walls. He made a move and jumped towards me but I dodged by jumping on and off the wall. I jumped forward and landed on his back before putting my lips on my shoulder. He faked a loud whine and whimper.

Suddenly we both heard loud yelling come from outside the gate. Dustin glanced up and saw two men running down the stairs.

He grinned and began bucking to try and get me off. He whipped around and I fell to the ground. In a flash he jumped on top of me, nipping at my face.

" Hey you two knock it off!!" The one man yelled

" Hurry up and open the damn gate before they kill each other!"

Dustin fake bit into me again before I felt him being pulled off my body. 

I watched Dustin's eyes shift.. something seemed to snap in him. I backed up against the wall and watched in horror as Dustin broke from their grasp and dove at the one guard. His fans sunk into the guys wrist and he thrashed around ripping his arm clean off. The blood splatter across the wall and my face. He took his chance and jumped on the other.. I could bare to watch anymore. I cowered to the ground and covered my eyes with my paws.

Soon you will be out.. soon you will be away from this place.. soon you will be with your mate and everything will be okay and no one will get hurt anymore and life will be great. I started whimpering as I heard the angry snarls and the sound of tearing flesh. What has happened to him? Where did this come from? I peeked from around my paws just enough to see the blood shed he was causing, most of his fur was tainted with the red blood of the two guards, both of them who lay lifeless and torn apart on the ground. Dustin stood above them, chest heaving, jaws dripping. His eyes surveying his work. His eyes slowly shifted back to their normal color, and his stance changed to one of surprise.

What just happened?