2: dream team

Sup, my dudes

Madie's party was in full swing before I even arrived, at 10:30

Madie's party was in full swing before I even arrived, at 10:30. It's 11:45 now and the blasting music has given me the worst headache, and I just want to go home. There are easily 200 people in this house and without a doubt 200 more outside. The music is so loud that it was audible from down the street and you'd think that we were at a concert venue with how hard it was to find parking. This party would have been busted by now if we weren't at Madie's lake house in the middle of nowhere. Now that I think of it, this is the perfect setting for a horror movie.

I'm brought out of my daze when a girl, who is definitely blacked out, bumps into me. She slurs an apology before stumbling back to the makeshift dance floor, drink in hand.

Ryan's hand is resting on my lower back, and has been since we arrived together. Ryan talks, or yells, over the music with his friends and I'm watching Ashley, who is across the kitchen getting a drink while simultaneously flirting with Mitch, a senior who's the varsity basketball captain and is planning on going to Texas Tech for college next spring. She's been obsessed with him for months now, so I'm sure she's on cloud 9 just getting the chance to talk to him.

"Babe, I have to pee, I'll be right back!" I yell to Ryan. I wait for him to nod, signalling that he heard me, before I walk towards the stairs that lead to the basement. I'm not in the mood to wait in a ridiculous line, and luckily by the time I reach the end of the hallway, I only have to wait for the person who is currently in there. I lean up against the wall and pull out my phone to pass the time. I update my twitter by posting my location and then go over to Instagram to see where my newest post is like-wise. The post was of Ryan and I before we left for the party and so far I've received 24,573 likes as well as 19,267 comments. I scroll through the comments, liking a few occasionally.

Eventually, four girls leave the washroom and I go in. I pee, wash my hands, and then make sure I am presentable. I am wearing a black low cut, spaghetti strap body suit that shows a tasteful amount of cleavage, a short gold glittery bodycon skirt, and five inch black pumps. My platinum blonde curls are still going strong and I take a moment to praise the hairspray gods. I take quick a mirror selfie to upload to my snap story before grabbing my Gucci handbag, and heading back upstairs.

I soon find myself back in Ryan's arms. "Hey baby, do you want to go dance?" he asks, a small smile on his lips. I take a moment to look into his eyes, which match the color of my morning coffee. Mesmerized, I place my hands on his cheeks and give him a quick kiss before dragging him to the living room, where the majority of people are dancing. People around us part to allow us through without us having to push and shove. I decide that the center of the floor is where I'd like to be, so that's where I head. Ryan and I arrive just as Homicide by Logic comes on. Not my kind of music, but I can appreciate the artistry. Ryan places his hands gently on my hips and I begin swaying to the beat of the song. My back is pressed to his chest as I watch the crowd.