Chapter 5

Here is the next chapter, sorry that it has been so long since the last update. I hope everyone likes it. Thanks to my wonderful Beta, PoodleCharlie for her help and advice as always! The song lyrics in this chapter are from "Miss Me More." By Kelsea Ballerini. Happy Reading!

The smell of coffee and bagels woke Mia up the following morning. She stretched and reached for her robe before walking into the main part of her hotel room. She smiled when Jamie handed her a cup of coffee.

"Please tell me those are what I think they are." she said taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yep, bagels from the deli around the corner, and some of the vanilla coffee that you like so much." he replied.

"I can't believe you remember that. Or how I like my coffee for that matter."she said as Logan walked in.

"Good morning boss lady and Jamie. Ooo bagels, yum." he said as he grabbed one from the bag and smeared cream cheese on it.

"Morning Logan, do you want a little bagel with that cream cheese?" Mia teased.

"Funny, you know how much I love this stuff. We need to be at the venue in an hour for rehearsal, but after the show tonight, you are free the whole day tomorrow." the bodyguard said as he went over her schedule.

"Great! That means I can schedule a yoga session for tomorrow then." Mia replied as she took a bite of her own food.

"Yep, and will be done in plenty of time to come with me to Sunday dinner." Jamie said as he fixed a bagel for himself.

"Jamie, I'm sure your dad was kidding about Pops expecting me to come to dinner." Mia said softly.

"Nope, he wasn't. Danny and Linda already brought the chickens over to the house. Grandpa is making your favorite roast Chicken and Erin is doing the potatoes." Jamie said shaking his head.

"Your mom's recipe?" Mia wondered.

"The very one. All your favorites. Dad even ordered your favorite bread from the German bakery in Midtown." Jamie smiled.

"I really can't say no to that, can I?" Mia said knowing that since the Reagans' were going though all of that trouble, the least she could do was show up.

"No, especially since Grandpa is looking forward to seeing you. He figured you don't get a home cooked meal that often, so he wanted to make your favorites. Erin wants to make mac and cheese too. I told her I would see if you were up for that much food." Jamie smiled.

"Um...yeah, tell her to make the mac and cheese. I haven't had your mom's mac and cheese in forever." she replied with a smile.

Growing up, Mia had loved going to the Reagan's for dinner, even when she and Jamie weren't a couple. She had always been treated as if she was a member of the family and she had to admit that she'd missed that over the last few years. Even though she still spoke with Uncle Frank a few times a year, it was not the same as when she was around the whole family.

"Okay, I have two questions, the first is how good is this mac and cheese?" Logan asked.

"It's delicious, some of the best I've ever had. What's the second question?" Mia asked in return.

"Do I get to come and stuff my face too?" he laughed.

"Of course. Jamie, do you think Pops and your dad would be okay with Logan coming with us?" Mia wondered.

"Considering it's for you, I don't think they'd mind, you know they've always had a soft spot when it comes to you." Jamie replied.

"This is true. It will be fun seeing everyone, I haven't seen Nicky or the boys since Joe died and they were much younger then. I think Nicky was what twelve or thirteen?" Mia mused.