The Start of it All

Being different had never bothered her. She knew she was special. She had this idea in her head that the other people only looked at her because she beautiful. She was in some ways. With her onyx hair and pale skin. And with the perfect build, from the small waist and big breasts, to the soft features and somewhat unrealistic face. One question she was always asked was if her eyes were natural. That's what got the people's attention. The eyes. It always came to the eyes. Purple with a ring of royal blue. Sometimes she wished that they were normal.

   Having unrealistic eyes was not commonly seen and was sometimes looked at as a bad omen. Quinn had very superstitious parents. This lead her to be abandoned with the grandma they never talked to. Quinn grew up as normal as they come. With her grandmother's support, she was a prodigy in combat and archery. Her grandmother, Athena, was a champion in the Olympics when she was younger. They lived in a small cabin built by Quinn's grandpa in the woods. It was the most beautiful place, with the wild flowers and roses, and the huge oak trees that were older than Titian itself.

   Titian was the place where everything lived. From the smallest fairy , to the biggest dragon, Titian had it all. Titian is a beautiful place. Everywhere you look you see color, color, color. There are mountains that even the oldest dragons are yet to conquer. And even though it is a very beautiful place, it still has its darkness.

   In the farthest corners of Titian, there live people who would do anything to get their hands on a kid with unnatural eyes. Its told the kids with unnatural eyes are taken from their beds at night or sold by their parents.

   Athena had taken extra time to teach Quinn self-defense. She thrived in it. From hand on hand combat to sword fighting. It was like she knew what to do before even being taught. Her grandma would say it was in her blood.

   Her natural talent, along with many things, scared the kids in her school. She never really got along with any of the kids at school. She was faster, smarter, and even stronger then most of the other students. She's not a person to gloat about the things she can do though. Most of the time she acts like she can't do any of it.