18

jeongin sighed for the third time that night.

he was pissed, mostly at himself for not perfecting this one move, but also at chris for being so secretive this past 3 weeks.

going out a lot, coming back later than usual, not talking much.

he knew that chris was hiding something, but he didn't know what it was.

although the whole "let's talk to my members" plan was a complete failure, both he and eunseo still talked regularly.

he was certainly happy that he could still talk to her, despite previous events, but he still wasn't 100% over the fact that his only chance to see her, slipped out of his hands faster than slipping on wet flooring.

he was also happy at the fact that their bond was still as strong as ever, and every time he would apologize, she would tell him to forget about it.

but all in all, he was pissed at how it all transpired.

he hated that he didn't have the guts to convince her to at least consider it, for he really wants her there more than anything.

it would've taken him a while to recognize her that's for sure, but that can't happen now, can it?

jeongin played the particular piece over and danced, looking at the overhead clock in front of their mirror.

august 5th.

5 more days.

"i honestly like how it's my birthday, yet i'm the one surprising someone."

eunseo said knowingly as she smiled at the cellular device.

"the thanks i get for this is really seeping through your tone."

chris replied sarcastically, chuckling a bit from the other end.

"oh!" she suddenly shouted, causing chris to jump on the other end.

"we should let me stay there until midnight, and hand me the cake for both changbin and i to share."

chris nodded subconsciously, as the sleep suddenly washed over him, before letting the words sink in.

"oh gosh, i forgot to buy changbin a birthday present."

he suddenly bursted out.

"wow, i'm not even a member of the group and i bought him a present. get with the program sis."

"did you just 'sis' me?"

"and what if i did?"

she asked tauntingly, the teasing venomous in her tone.

"oh it is so on when you get here cheonie. it is so on."

the teasing dripped through his tone as well, and it resulted in the both of them laughing.

"but how are you gonna get jeongin to go along with this? you've barely talked to any of them for the past 3 weeks, and they probably want to do something else on their day off."

chris sighed, hearing the same thing from eunseo that he did from the guys.

"i'm just gonna tell them that jyp scheduled a mandatory practice and that they need to be there. then, i'll leave to get some food, actually get food, go for you and boom, surprise!"

"let's hope this plan works. but wait, mandatory means that hyunjin will be there also. ugh."

"i knew there was something i needed to ask you."

he said, his hand on his chin as he realized it.

"did you and hyunjin know each other back then?"

"yeah, we've been best friends from kindergarten to third when i suddenly had to move to jeju. after i came back 5 years ago, he's been hating my guts. i thought he stopped, but i guess i was wrong."

chris could've heard the sadness scratching her voice as she spoke.

"do you perhaps, like hyunjin?"

i finished this chapter without internet once again omg😭