Excerpt 2

Excerpt 2- In the Novel World: The Fourth Young Miss

ㅇㅇㅇ

The plum blossoms bloom at the sunset courtyard. A young girl dressed in white robes is staring at the blooming blossoms with a serene expression, creating a picturesque scene.

The young girl was the fourth young miss of the main branch fox clan. Hu Xian Jing. She is the pampered princess of the fox clan. She is renowned for her beauty and elegance. If the people were to describe her beauty in one word it would be: calamitous.

Her luscious midnight black hair flows like a calm waterfall. The pinkish plump lips were that of a rose, naturally red. Her crescent like brows that frame her face clearly. Her clear silver eyes that seem to captured all the attention of the people, intriguing them to the point of frustration. And lastly, the beauty mark just below on her left eye enhances the allure that she possesses.

"Miss, the Master is wanting your audience at the main hall." Her personal servant, Xiao Yun said.

Xian Jing hummed softly. "Alright."

She left her sunset courtyard and went to the main hall. There, she saw all of her siblings including the kept illegitimate sister of hers.

"Father," Xian Jing bowed. "You called?"

Hu Tian look at his daughter with a dotting gaze. "Jing'er, the emperor wants all the higher families to attend the spring banquet next week." He paused. "You don't have to go." He reassuringly said. Hu Tian was worried for his daughter's wellbeing. The last time when they attended the spring banquet, the third imperial prince harassed her nonstop because of her beauty. Thus, his little Jing'er was traumatized and kept herself in her courtyard for a whole month.

"It's alright father." Xian Jing smiled softly. "Father and the others are here so Xian Jing has nothing to worry about."

"Father, will Bai Lian attend the banquet?" The third young miss, Hu honglan asked.
Everyone looks at Bai Lian whom is fidgeting in her seat.

"Yes she is."

"I will send the seamstress to make your dresses for the banquet in your courtyards. You may all now go." The current patriarch, Hu Tian said to them.

Xian Jing approach Bai lian, giving her a friendly smile. "Bailian, care for a walk?"

Bai lian look over pitifully at Xian Jing. "this fifth Miss wouldn't dare to pollute the surroundings around Jiejie." Crystal tears formed in her eyes as she turned around and walked away with her servant.

"Aiya...The fifth miss cries so easily," Xiao Yun muttered. Xian Jing frowned but did not pay mind to it.

"Jingjing."

Xian Jing turns around to find her sister-in-law, Li Mei.

"Jiejie, what is it?" She smiled. Her head tilted slightly to the side giving the impression that of a small child.

"Care to accompany this jiejie for a tea?"

Xian Jing smiled.

"Of course."

Xian Jing and Li mei both went to the Sunset courtyard. Xiao Yun both served their favorite teas.

"Do you remembered all the stories that I told you about?" Li Mei asked.

"The transmigration and and rebirth stories?"

"That's right."

"Yes I have. Why?"

"If I told you that I knew someone who was going or was transmigrated before, would you believe me?"

Xian Jing nearly choked on her tea when she heard her words. Someone transmigrated? Who could that be?

Her eyes sparkled with interest. She wanted to befriend that person.

"Jiejie, who could that be? Please kindly tell me." Xian Jing beg her sister-in-law.

"But what if I told you that she's going to make you and our whole family suffer because of some misunderstanding?"

Xian Jing heart sank.

"Who is going to be this person you're talking about?"

Li mei gave her a bitter smile and said.

"The fifth young miss, Hu BaiLian."