Sparks Coven

Edited-1/14/20

The young witch panted as he trudged on, 'why did it come to this?' he asked himself. Behind him was his home, his village. With family and friends, everyone he's ever known now being rounded up. Or killed on site, it was devastating to think about. But what the young witch didn't understand was why? They were a quiet village, they never wronged anyone. So why did these people have to come and kill everyone.

As he trudged further on through the icy snow, the flames became less hot, and the screams quieter. The boy was too weak to save anyone, to save his mother from the sudden men storming their village. Remembering his mother's panicked face as she dragged him to the back of their house. Opening an escape tunnel he's never seen before, never explaining why it was there as she pushed her son inside. A bag being pushed with him, only one was able to go, his mother had to stay. The last thing she said to him still replayed like a bad song.

"Toby you must be strong now. Head out and up to the north, to a vampire coven of Red Fang. Give them this letter. I love you my son now hurry." She pushed a letter into his hands before closing the escape tunnel. Clenching his teeth at the memory in anger he moved on numb to the cold bite of the snow. Day's and night's became nothing but a blur to him as he walked. It's been almost a week since he started walking, now near the edge of the Red Fang. Some would say he was at the edge of death, Red Fang isn't very friendly to outsiders.

"Halt!" A voice cried from the woods menacingly, toby's body stopped only to fall forward into the snow. His body finally failing on him from the week of no rest, and minimal food.

"Rise." The voice was closer toby felt a sharp object poking his back.

"I can't." Toby replied voice weak slightly muffled by the snow burning his cheek. He heard a soft sigh before the crunching of snow as the stranger cautiously walked closer.

"What's your name kid?" The voice asked much closer then before, the male lifting the smaller into his arms. He noticed how thin and pale the boy looked, deeming the smaller no threat by now.

"Who are you first?" The weak male asked trying to keep his eyes open to look at the other.

"Ah the old switch the focus." The man chuckles as he walks further into the territory. The young witch raised a brow, his body slowly shutting down on him.

"Now I'll ask once again. Your name?" The man's voice was soothing as if trying to coax him to sleep.

"Toby," The younger merely whispered out, finally giving up on staying awake. "Sparks."

Cain's POV

I barely caught the kids name before he fell asleep in my arms, "Toby sparks?"

Something clicked as I thought of his name, "Wasn't jay and mary's kid named toby?" I asked myself checking the boy's features closer then before. He looks a lot like them, he had the same jaw bones as jay, and the hair color of mary. Now racing back to my house a deep frown setting on my face, once at the door I kicked it open.

"Welcome back master." My personal butler bowed as I walked in.

"Someone please take him to the doctor, come find me when he wakes." I say handing the boy off to him.

"Sir who is he?" He asked holding the small boy close to his chest, to be sure he wouldn't fall.

"His name is toby sparks, he looks around 17, I found him near the edge of the territory." I say turning to him. "That's all I know for now keep a close eye on him."

Turning I walk into my study as a "yes sir" echoed from behind me, footsteps walking towards the back of the house.

"Please don't let my fear be a reality." I mutter walking to my desk moving the few papers on it. Under those papers bold black words stare back at me, my grief overwhelmed me as I read.

"Spark's coven destroyed. No survivors found."