Mary And Jay Sparks

Edited-1/14/20

Sitting down I continued reading the report, no one survived, spell books burned, and homes ransacked. Tears started to fall as I read through the list of the deceased names. Mary's name was on there near the end of the list, she was a family friend. Mary was with me as I grew up, my parents often had business to attend to. She was like my second mother for a while, until she fell in love with a witch from down south. She'd still come up for family celebrations to check in on me, we always welcomed her with open arms. Her husband, Jay was also welcomed, they were a perfect couple.

I remember the day she found out she was pregnant, mary came running in jay trying to calm her. It didn't work as she called out for a quick meeting, everyone was at her side hoping she wasn't harmed.

~Flash back~

"Ma'am! Sir! Cain! Everyone!" A young woman called into the big house, running towards the conference room. Her husband running after her trying to calm her, but to no avail. The whole house ran to her aid, the entire Red Fang coven now in the room with her.

"Are you ok mary dear?" The madam of the house asked a worried look on her perfect face. The woman, Mary, only smiled brightly at her, light brown eyes turning misty.

"I'm pregnant." Mary said in a small voice but the whole coven went silent, jay finally at his wife's side.

"Pregnant?" The sir said before his red eye's look to her stomach, cain only being about 11 at the time tilted his head slightly.

"What's that?" He asked innocently making mary chuckle at him, she walked over bending down to his height.

"I'm going to be a mommy cain," She smiled so happily at him, "I have a baby growing in my belly right now."

Cain's eyes widened jaw dropping staring at mary, mouthing 'baby?' Before jumping up and down excitement his own crimson eyes sparkling.

"Mama! Mary's gonna be a mama!" The young cain tugged his mother's hand excitedly.

"This is the best news. A feast shall be prepared, I do expect you'll come here to give birth mary." The madam said servent's and coven members alike running to get things prepared.

"Of course madam. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Right jay." Mary turned to her husband who was telling the top chef what his wife was craving.

"As long as you are comfortable my love." Jay responded with a bright smile, the madam smiled softly at the two. Mary walked over giving her husband a kiss, this was true love in the most beautiful way. The madam bent down to her son whispering into his ear.

"You see that sweetie, that is what's called soulmates." Cain watched his second mother smiled brightly up to her husband, one of Jay's hands gently placed against mary's stomach.

As cain watched the two he saw something he would never forget. The look in their eyes when the two looked at each other. You could practically see the love between the two, but there was a small red string tying the two together. Mostly invisible to the human eye but for cain he could see it faintly wrapped around their pinkies connecting the two.

~Flash back end~

Cain's POV

I sat crying the paper now laying discarded on my desk, at once my anger started to bubble up. Wiping my tears away I stood walking out of my study, I had to see if toby was their child. Racing towards the hospital wing I peak inside, the doctor looked up with a sullen face.

"How is he?" I asked now entering the room, red eyes looking towards the bed.

"Well he's stable, though I'm surprised he's still alive in this state." He replies with a small sigh, picking up a patient's chart from the table.

"It looked as if he walked day's in the snow. He was so cold when I held him." With a sigh I sat beside the doctor staring at toby's sleeping body. He looked so much like them, the resemblance is almost terrifying.

"Oh he left this for you. He woke up for just a moment in panic. Said to give this to the head of Red Fang." The doctor picked up a small envelope handing it to me, it was plain except for the red writing. The letter was addressed to Red Fang, I opened it silently pulling paper from the envelope I started to read it.

"Oh my goddess!." My hand went over my mouth as fresh tears ran down my face as I read.