Summary & Foreword

Summary

Isolda is a cat and Alder is a human in a world where legends and rumours are the only things left of the Pre-Rebirth Era. Joined together in mind, body and soul, they are an example of beings known as 'Links', a psychically-bonded human-animal pair with telepathic powers, the ability to understand any and all languages and mystical powers never before known to humanity.

Alder and Isolda grew up in a hard world, so when their peaceful existence with the Linkhood of the Flowered Fields is interrupted by frequent attacks of stone people, Alder and Isolda cannot help but join the group sent out to find and stop the chaos. Unfortunately, they could never have anticipated the truth.

-

Foreword

First of all, I would like to give my thanks if you decided to read this book. This book was one of my many wayward plot bunnies, which I decided to adopt because it was interesting and intriguing to me.

I wanted to reimagine a post-apocalyptic world, but a more fantasy-like one, perhaps less tragic and gory than your typical zombie apocalypse

I wanted to reimagine a post-apocalyptic world, but a more fantasy-like one, perhaps less tragic and gory than your typical zombie apocalypse. And I promise I will not copy game of thrones and rename zombies just to continue the story. (*Nod nod, wink wink*) That is my solemn swearing done now. Don't expect any more.

Secondly, if you decided that you like this book, please tell me what you think. I enjoy it as an author when people tell me what they like about my stories. Comment or PM, I don't mind.

-

Copyright

This story is copyrighted - all rights reserved. So, if you see someone republish this as their own, please tell me or report it. If you see fanfiction about it, please tell me so that I can be puffed up and proud for a while. (*Wink*) (There probably won't be, but oh, well...)

Have a good read, and thank you, once again, if you enjoy this

~Sierra Charlie P.