Chapter 11: Tiffany

For the second time in a row, I did not recognise the bed I woke up in.

 This was getting to be a bad habit. I pinched myself and winced when I felt pain. Damn. Yesterday wasn't a dream. I was at a school for people with superpowers, and today was the day I was supposed to take a test....

 "Shit!" I groaned, wishing I could turn around and just go back to sleep. That thought was abandoned when I heard a knock at the door.

 "Get up, Princess!" West sounded like he'd been out there for a while, based on the fact that he sounded pissed. Then again, pissed off could have been normal for him - I barely knew the guy. "You have a test to take, dammit!"

 "Go away!" I groaned, closing my eyes. I didn't want to take a test, and this soft bed was very comfortable...

 I screamed when my bed sheets erupted into flames, tumbling out of the bed and face-planting the floor. Furious, I glared up at a laughing West. "Are you fucking crazy?!"

 West raised an eyebrow. "Are you burned?"

 I scanned myself. "Uh, no...."

 "Do you require medical attention?"

 "Obviously not!"

 "Then shut up and get dressed." West turned and began walking out of the room. "If you aren't dressed in five minutes, you will be sorry," he promised, glancing over his shoulder. He was deadly serious.

 The door shut and I let out a screech of frustration. This boy! Had he never been around the female population? What girl could get dressed in five minutes? Darn where was Amy when I needed her?

 Smash!

 I winced when the sound of glass shattering echoed throughout the room, ducking behind the bed. There was the sound of a door flying open, and then I heard West's voice.

 "Seriously?!" he yelled. I cringed. He sounded furious.

  "I didn't mean to! It was an accident!"

 The room was trashed. Every window had been completely shattered, glass covering every available surface. Added to the burnt bed, it looked like a bomb had gone off in here. I'd not even been in this school a day, and already my room was ruined. The teachers were going to hate me.

 Just to make things worse, there was a knock on the door. "Hey, T. You up?" Amy called. "You need to get to your test in ten minutes."

 I leapt across the room before she could open the door, wincing when a shard of glass sliced my foot. I opened the door just wide enough to stick my head out. "Hey, I'll be down in a sec. Just give me five."

 It was depressing to see that Amy was fully dressed and immaculate. She wore a pair of leggings and a vest with black boots, a deviation from her normal style that had me wondering what exactly she was going to be doing in class. What was even more infuriating was that it was around nine o'clock in the morning. I thought that Amy was supposed to be catching up on missed sleep. Normally I would have been happy about this new development, but given that I was hiding both a boy and a massive pile of mess in my room....

 Amy studied me for a moment before her eyes narrowed. "What exactly did you do?"

 Before I could respond, I felt a warm body at my back. West poked his head over mine, and even though I couldn't see his face, I could tell he was smirking as he spoke. "She trashed her room  in less than ten minutes. Good morning."

 Amy frowned before pushing past us. I watched as her face went from confusion to horror in two seconds flat; for the first time since she'd found out my father was Drydan, Amy looked completely nonplussed. Her mouth gaped open like a fish.