Thirty: too late to apologize

CAMERON POV

Today was the battle of the bands competition. My group was Luna, Catalina, and myself and we decided to sing Fergalicious. Luna and I are going to sing and Catalina is going to play the keyboard.
We spent the better part of the day teaching Catalina which buttons to push on the keyboard, giving me and Luna only an hour to rehearse the entire performance.
"No. I am going to step here. Move your foot!" Luna said, exasperated.
I was purposely screwing up the dance routine to get on her nerves.
I laughed.
"C'mon Cam! We want to win." Catalina whined at me.
"Fine....I will be serious this time." I sighed dramatically.
Luna glared at me.
During our next run through Ethan decided to interrupt.
We were in the processes of a dance move where it required me to grab Luna's hip.
"Cameron!" Ethan yelled.
"What?" I asked, pausing with my hand on Luna's hip.
Ethan stormed over, and took my hand and moved it up higher.
"Better." he said. I rolled my eyes. So he was going to be this kind of boyfriend.
I moved my hand up higher, an amused expression settling on my face.
"What are you doing!" Ethan demanded, grabbing my hand before it got too high.
"I'm dancing." I replied in mock innocence.
If looks could kill, I would be dead.
Luna laughed. "He's just pressing your buttons, E."
Ethans gaze softened when he turned to look at Luna.
The two seemed to speak with there eyes rather than actual words, and they suddenly burst out laughing after moments of silence, never taking their eyes off each other.
I stepped away, not wanting to get in the way of their wordless conversation.

NEVEAH POV

"It's something in the way you mooove!" I sang. "Makes me feel like I can't live without yooouu, and it takes me allll the wayyy!"
"I want you to stayyyyy!" James joined in our voices joining together to make a sweet soft melodic noise.
When the song ended, the two of us traded high fives, along with Eugene, who was playing the piano. We totally have this thing in the bag.
"We sound fantabulous!" James cheered in his high sing song voice he always does.
I sighed, I really do like James, and it doesn't make it any easier knowing that I never really had a chance with him and that I never will.
"And we will look fantabulous after we put on our costumes and makeup on." Eugene pointed out.
"Speaking of, we should probably get ready. Battle of the Bands starts in like thirty minutes." I added.
It took us only twenty minutes to put ourselves together, which I thought was pretty impressive considering how extravagant we looked.
Eugene was decked out in a complete blue shimmering suit and wore dark blue lips and his eyelids were covered in various shades of purple. His face glittered in the light and he topped the outfit off with a headband that had blue sequins and peacock feathers sticking out of it.
James wore a pair of silver leather pants and a black vest covered in silver glitter. His make up consisted of silver everything. He looked like a greater version of the tin man.
And finally I wore a high waisted green skirt that had a picture of Spongebob and Patrick on it, which Luna had gifted me a couple months ago. I paired that with a yellow button up sleeveless shirt and a purple tie. My hair was thrown into pigtails and I had my eyes decorated in green eyeshadow and wore purple lipstick.
We looked funky-a good kinda funky .
I can't wait to perform!

MARISSA POV

"I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground. And I'm hearing what you say but I just can't make a sound." Shawn sang, strumming a few strings on his guitar.
He was great, but I totally could have done just as good, but freaking Blair wouldn't let me sing lead.
Blair and I were waiting for the chorus to start. Her eyes were concentrating on Shawn, a warm gaze in her eyes..
Oh. My. God. Blair was totally crushing on Shawn.
"I thought you liked Gray." I whispered to her.
"Duh. Who else would I like?" She rolled her eyes.
I pointed at Shawn.
Blair glared at me, but I could still see the a redness start to form in her face. She was blushing.
"Shawn is just my friend" Blair replied crossing her arms.
Poor girl was in denial.
"That's how it always starts." I pointed out.
And then suddenly Shawn stopped playing.
"Uh, guys, you didn't come in."
"Whoops." I said, giggling.
"Sorry, let's take it from the top." Blair replied in an irritated tone, avoiding Shawn's gaze.
The famous singer, gave Blair a worried look before turning around and resuming the song.
Things were about to get interesting.