Chapter 1

Growing up, he always thought that he would tend to the flowers with his mother, rattling off the names of each plant like they were simply a part of him. It all seemed so simple then, laid out like something from a book. Then, Odin fought the Frost Giants for the first time and sent out soldiers to recruit any Asgardian able to fight, even when some were unwilling. Perseus found himself torn away from his mother and outfitted with armor that felt to big and a sword that didn't sit right in his hand.

Perseus was reminded, then, of his time on Midgard, when he stayed in a small camp and followed the Olympians' orders because his mother told him to behave. He was to have good standings with the Greeks so that, when they found out that he was part Asgardian, they might be a bit lenient with him.

It worked for a while. He made friends with a daughter of Athena who had suspicions that he was different and a satyr that knew he was different. Still, they helped him complete every quest thrown at him by the gods and Perseus even found himself enamored a bit with the Athenian child. They dated for a bit and it was her that convinced him to live with his mother in Asgard, to be free of the Olympians' control. She had held his hand and smiled so sweetly as she said that they couldn't be together because she knew he loved another.

Perseus had simply held her close and apologized for the fact that he could not give his heart to her. The blonde woman simply laughed and said that she was honored to have been able to hold it for as little as she did. She told him that he would know when he found his true love, his soulmate. They remained friends and he even kissed her cheek in goodbye as he was transported to Asgard by Heimdall, who always had a soft spot for the Greek-Asgardian.

After the battle against the Frost Giants, Perseus never did feel the same. He was always bitter and short with the new warriors that he patched up after every battle they were in. He often found himself alone, simply tending to the flowers he thought he'd be with forever.

Then, he stumbled upon Loki Odinson and his whole worldview changed. He was enchanted by the young mage that seemed to always be casted into his brother's shadow. He found himself walking forward, his mouth opening on its own accord. Soon after, Perseus felt like a planet and Loki was his sun as he agreed to meet up with the trickster every third day and he couldn't stop himself from falling for him.

It was frustrating when Loki didn't seem to realize that Perseus was courting him since they first met. Still, Perseus ended up revealing the Angansiiar to the trickster and his heart soared when he received one in return. Then, he had to say goodbye to Loki, for Perseus' job was not done yet and he could not return to Asgard until it was.

Perseus sighed to himself and held the golden flower close to his chest as he turned around, "What do you want, Poseidon?"

Poseidon, the god of the seas, raised an eyebrow, "It's been years since you've last seen me and this is how you greet me?"

"I have just let my soulmate go without me back to Asgard when I was only just reunited with him, so please, you'll have to forgive me if I am not in the mood to speak with you," Perseus said in a deceptively calm voice. "Now, tell me what you need or I shall be on my way."

"You speak like an Asgardian," The god commented, putting his hands in the pockets of his ridiculous board shorts.

"Watch how you speak," Perseus warned, crossing his arms over his Asgardian battle armor. "I do not wish to deal with Zeus just after I have arrived on Midgard. Your brother would not care that I helped stop the Chitauri. He would only focus on the fact that Loki is my chosen."

Poseidon nodded, "You're right, I'm sorry. Walk with me. I'll explain everything as we do. First, however, you might want to change. You'll draw attention to yourself."

Perseus looked down at his Asgardian clothes before sighing and using one of the spells Loki had taught him years ago. He now wore a big fluffy jacket, a blue scarf, a light colored jumper, ripped jeans, and a pair of blue converse. "Better?" He grumbled as he hid a bit of his face in his scarf, seeing as the sun was setting and it was beginning to get chilly out. He looked down at the golden flower in his hands, a sad look in his eyes, and was startled out of his thoughts when the sea god responded.

 He looked down at the golden flower in his hands, a sad look in his eyes, and was startled out of his thoughts when the sea god responded

"Well, sure. The scarf's a bit much."

"I don't want to hear that from someone wearing Finding Nemo board shorts."

Poseidon scoffed, "They're just clownfish."

The younger god shook his head, "Every clownfish is Nemo." With a small shimmer of light, Perseus transported his golden flower into a pocket dimension he had started sharing with Loki after the first time he was allowed into the castle on Asgard.

"You've learned magic," Poseidon stated, looking at his son's now empty hand.

"I've learned many things." Perseus flexed his hand, like he was already missing the feel of the flower. "Why have you approached me? Surely it could not be to catch up. This is hardly my first time visiting Midgard again."

"I know," He nodded. "The prophecy of seven has been happening for a while now."

Perseus raised an eyebrow, turning to the god, "Really now? Why are you telling me this?"

Poseidon sighed, staring out at some of the wreckage that was around Manhattan. "Because, despite how much you wish to deny it, you are still considered a demigod. The prophecy calls for seven and, whether you like it or not, you are one of them."

The younger god bit his lip, staring down at his hands thoughtfully, "I don't like this."

"Funny," Poseidon smiled. "Ms. Chase said the same thing."

Perseus' looked at his father sharply, "Annabeth? Is she part of the quest? Wait," He shook his head, seeming to backtrack over his thoughts. "How old is she now?"

"Ah, yes," The sea god nodded. "I forget, time runs differently in your home. She is sixteen right now. Only two years have passed since you left." He regarded his son with a gentle look, "But it seems like you've found your forever."

Perseus' face colored slightly and he hid in his scarf a bit, "I have. He's- It's- nice. It's really nice."

"I am happy to hear that. You must go to camp now, Perseus," Poseidon smiled. "Everyone is waiting for you."

The younger god watched as his father disappeared and he tilted his head to the sky as he sighed. "Norns, give me strength..."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

This is chapter one for the sequel to Lean On Me (I Promise I Will Not Fall)! Please let me know what you all thought.

Words: 1,202

Song: King of the Clouds - Panic! At the Disco