12

yeri was waiting impatiently for the bell to ring so that the lessons would be over for the day, meaning she could finally go out and spend some time with her best friend, donghyuck.

it has been a very long time since the last time they went out together, just the two of them.
since her four best friends found out they were all soulmates they would either hang out as couples, leaving yeri alone, or together with the whole group.

it was nice, going out with your four best friends all at once, but yerim would've loved to spend more time with each of them singularly. especially with donghyuck.

he was yeri's first friend in high school and they became super close immediately.
despite having a year difference, donghyuck was the friend yeri always needed: supportive, kind, loving, funny, sensitive, and every other positive adjective you can think of.

the girl was so lost in her thoughts that she missed the sound of the bell ringing, only waking up from her daydreaming when she felt someone tapping softly on her shoulder. "hey sorry i didn't want to disturb you but the bell rang and well...ms. kim has to lock the classroom."

yeri slowly raised her head only to see a giggling girl: joy, she learned thanks to her friends.
her name suits her, she really does bring joy everywhere.

she was about to get lost in another daydream when joy coughed, bringing yeri back to reality, as if she knew that the younger wan't actually paying attention anymore.

"oh...yes...i mean...yeah...thank you..." joy chuckled again and walked out of class, waving at yeri who was still shocked because of what had just happened.

- - -

"why did it take you so long to come here i thought someone kidnapped you after class."
donghyuck was looking at yeri as she walked to the school gates with a shocked look on her face. "what the hell happened to you, you look like you've just seen a ghost." the girl sighed. "oh how i wish it would've been a ghost...i'll tell you after i fully realize what happened. let's just walk."

the two friends walked into the cafe, donghyuck having put his arm on yeri's shoulders to lead her to where he had planned to go.

they entered the usual cafe and the boy immediately waved his hand in a dramatic way in joy's direction behind the counter, shouting "hey sooyoung i'm here!"

as joy turned around to smile and wave at her dear cousin, yeri went stiff and felt her face quickly heating up. she smiled shyly before following donghyuck, who was smirking and proudly mentally complimenting himself for what he had just done.

"what the fuck was that lee donghyuck." the boy started laughing as soon as his friend opened her mouth, already knowing that he would probably get killed that same day.
the younger shrugged. "i was just saying hi to my dear cousin, who casually happens to be your crush."
donghyuck could see her gaze getting angrier by the second.
he was starting to get scared of the girl glaring furiously at him so he decided to open the menu and put it right between them, hoping yeri would go back to normal.

"have you decided what to order?" yeri's eyes shot up from her phone to look at the waitress in front of her: her voice was as pretty as her face, but she wasn't joy.
"uhh yes, i'll just take the usual, you know what it is." the waitress nodded and waited for donghyuck to tell her his order.
when she finished writing the boy gestured her to bend down so that he could whisper something that made her giggle in her ear.

a few minutes later a different waitress showed up with a tray in her hands and a smile on her face: joy.
she put their orders down and glared at her cousin.

"oh! sooyoung! what a surprise! i didn't know you would be bringing us our orders! you know yer-"
yeri kicked donghyuck's leg under the table to make him shut up, earning an annoyed look from her friend.
"oh shut it donghyuck i'm still mad at you."
"why? for not telling you i had a boyfriend? i didn't even know you lived here until i met you at irene's studio!"
yeri watched the two of them in amusement, before stopping her eyes on joy's face.

the younger already knew that the barista was pretty, and even though she apparently stared at her for an entire day, she didn't really focus on her features.

"yeah you're actually right for once, hyuck." the older girl sighed.
"this is on the house for you to remember that i work here. bring mark with you next time, i actually want to meet him as your soulmate, not just as some random ass dude who dances with you."
joy kissed donghyuck's cheek, then looked at yeri and smiled brightly at her, before turning around and going back behind the counter.

donghyuck turned to look at yeri just to see that the girl had completely lost it.

"look, mark texted asking me who the fuck kicked my leg, what should i reply?" donghyuck asked with a grin.
"tell him that yeri's going to kill you so he should prepare himself for the pain he's about to feel."

— — —

this is almost 1k words😰 i dont even know if its good but i really wanted to insert a narration bc describing everything through texts is kinda....difficult...i hope you like it tho🥰
also if u have twitter go and read @revel_min's au🥺 (spoiler: its mine and it was just for fun but if someone could read it it would be vvv appreciated)