The Storm

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It was now Spring time which meant rain, rain, and more rain for the next eight weeks. For the past week or so, Chicago's forecast had been nothing but rain and thunderstorms. In all honesty, I didn't mind it at all.

Thunderstorms had to be one of my favorite natural phenomenons in the entire world. The lightning was an incredibly beautiful sight to see and the sound of the rain beating steadily against my window was very calming, not to mention very relaxing.

Although, I could do without the thunder. I realize that it was basically the main aspect of a thunderstorm, but I really didn't like it. When I was sixteen, I absolutely loved it, but after the whole Hong Kong-New York-Australia ordeal, I hated it. The loud roaring of the thunder reminded me far too much of the battles and all three of them were memories that I hated reminiscing on. Whenever I heard it, I felt like I was being dragged back in time to 2016 and also to 2017 and I absolutely despised it. All I wanted was to forget that those two years had ever happened, and that's what I was trying to do.

Tuning the thunder out, I focused back on my laptop screen. The glare from my glasses slightly irritated me, but instead of taking them off, I pushed them farther onto my face. It was almost three years later and I still haven't ordered new contacts.

I scrolled through the numerous lists of available apartments in Chicago, clicking on the ones that I found appealing both to my eyes and to my pocket.

I was now twenty two years old. Living in my dad's house was absolutely fantastic, but I felt like I was becoming a burden to him especially now that I had Avery. No matter how much he told me that he loved having us live with him, I just felt it was time for me to move on like Jason did a year ago.

I wouldn't technically say that he moved out though. He got a job at KSI and got his own place, but whenever he was off of work, which was Monday's, Wednesday's, Friday's and Sunday's, he was here all day. He wouldn't end up leaving until about eleven o'clock at night. It didn't make much sense to me to be honest, but I didn't care enough to question him about it.

A movement in my peripheral vision caused me to turn my attention away from my laptop and over to my bedroom door. Avery stood there with her blanket in her right hand and her small plush teddy bear in her left. I placed my laptop beside me on the mattress and moved to sit at the edge of my bed. I gave the four year old in my doorway a curious look.

"What's wrong, Avery?" I asked her.

She ran over to me and I picked her up and placed her on my lap. She snuggled her head into the crook of my neck and I smiled.

"I was scared. It's loud outside, Ro," she told me.

I chuckled and hugged her tighter. She had always been scared of thunderstorms and she even knew that I was afraid of thunder, yet she always came running to my room.

"Do you want to take your nap in here, then?" I suggested.

She nodded quickly and climbed off of my lap and onto my queen sized bed. I covered her up with my comforter and turned on my iHome that was sitting on the bedside table beside her. A soft pop song filled the room and she smiled. I grabbed my laptop and shut it before getting up to place it on my computer desk. After doing so, I walked back over and laid down beside Avery on the bed.

"Where's Baybay at, Ro?" she asked me.

I raised an eyebrow at her.

Baybay was her name for Bumblebee. When we taught her all of the Autobot's names, she was still two and also still learning how to talk, so she really couldn't say their names properly. All of them had their very own special name, which I thought was precious, and it was even better because the Autobots absolutely adored Avery.