Breakdown

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

This past day and a half with Drew and Lyza had been absolutely fantastic, but it was now time for me to leave. I put on a grey Hollister shirt and a pair of black jeggings. I threw on my white converse before tossing the remnants of my clothes into my suitcase. I zipped it shut and stood up. After putting my glasses on and grabbing my jacket, I walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

Before I could even get off the final step, Drew crushed me into a hug. I dropped my suitcase to the floor and hugged him back as hard as I could. He laughed before releasing me. I picked up my suitcase and headed over to Lyza who was standing behind the couch with a sad expression on her face. I placed my suitcase on the floor and hugged her.

"Thank you so much," I told her.

She smiled and Drew walked over.

"It's no problem at all, Rosie."

I smiled at the couple in front of me.

"I love you guys so much. I'm definitely going to arrange for you to come visit whenever I get my apartment, okay?"

They nodded.

"Just try not to have too much fun in the Windy City without us," Drew teased.

I laughed.

"Oh. I don't think that's quite possible in the first place. I'll see you guys soon," I told them.

I put my jacket on and picked up my suitcase before heading over to the door.

"We'll see you soon, Rose," the two of them said in unison.

I smiled and walked out the door. It had been pouring rain all day so it was pretty dark although it was only about six thirty. I put my hood up before walking to my car. After throwing my bags into the backseat, I got into the car. It wasn't long before I was out of their driveway.

It had been at least two days since I've talked to anyone in my family. My phone had been off since I arrived here and I never bothered to turn it back on. Though I was anxious to get back home to see everyone, there was one thing that I had to do before I actually left.

Today was my mother's forty ninth birthday so that brought back some memories. Every one of her past birthdays I had spent with Bumblebee but without him with me today was especially hard on me. I had been feeling quite glum all day and that only added to the stress.

I drove down the road for about a mile until I came to the grave yard. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of the many headstones but I pulled in anyways. After driving for what seemed like hours, I finally arrived at the sight of my mother's grave. I turned off the car and got out, not bothering to shield myself from the rain. I walked across the field until I came to the familiar stone. I read the words on the stone: In loving memory of Marina Stalin. 1971-2015. Now that you're gone, a piece of us is gone too.

The tears were already flowing from my eyes. I remembered Lynleigh whispering that at her funeral and I made sure my dad used it as her epitaph.

I kneeled down in front of the gravestone, the water from the ground soaking into my pants. I placed my hand on the cold stone and gave a small smile.

"Hey momma. Happy birthday," I spoke.

The sound of thunder in the distance could be heard but I didn't care. I was already soaking wet.

"It's been awhile, huh?"

I laughed, the tears still flowing down my face. The rain was beginning to mat my hair to my face and my clothes were basically cemented to my skin by now.