TWENTY-THREE (Sunny P.O.V)

Picture by Vicente Romero Redondo. 

'White Canvas Operation' phase twenty-four: confessions.

Antibes. Alpes-Maritimes. France.

"Are you going to cut your hair?" Stella turns around and stares at me surprised before brushing her bangs away from her forehead with a nervous movement of her hand. "You've done that several times..." My assistant smiles and then shrugs.

"I was thinking about letting it grow a little..." she answers before moving again, walking slowly down the cobbled street. The buildings painted in a soft shade of yellow with wooden shutters and red doors can't protect us from the sun and it's starting to get really hot, it feels like summer instead of late spring, and the sky shows that vibrant blue that only the reflection of the Mediterranean Sea can get. Stella was smarter than me and left her denim jacket in the small car we rented to explore the city and the surrounding area easily, now I have to carry mine in my hand since I don't need it anymore while she walks freely and smiling wearing only a simple white T-shirt and her sunglasses, checking all the small gift and souvenir shops windows. "Sun, do you know anything about photography?"

"Mmmm... just enough to take good pics of my works of art but usually I'm satisfied with the camera of my phone, why?" I answer getting closer to her, Stella seems very interested in a postcard display stand.

"I'd like to learn, I'll buy a professional camera when we're back home maybe and get some photography lessons, would you like to come with me?" She points at a beautiful view of Antibes taken from a boat.

"Yes, why not? It'll be funny," I answer and she nods focused on the postcards while I follow with my eyes the colourful lines of her tattoos on her arm.

Would you like to come...? What a stupid question, I'd go with her to hell: I'm addicted to Stella Carlin and I wouldn't be able to kick the habit by myself, it must be her the one who breaks with me. I wonder if this is what Cassie wanted when she came up with this plan, it's pretty obvious that her priority was to offer the love of her existence an opportunity to start over, leading her step by step towards her new happy life and I was the one chosen to escort her during the whole process but, did she want me to fall in love with her? Did she know how irresistible Stella is? Yes, of course she knew... I never had the slightest chance of escaping from her spell. I can't help feeling furious with my wife because she played with my feelings in such a horrible way, despite she had good intention, despite she loved me in her own special way... Stella was the most important thing for her and she wouldn't have hesitated to sacrifice me if that was what she needed for her plan to be successful. What will happen to me when she starts her new perfect and wonderful life? Will she leave me behind, prisoner of the high society world of New York after having experimented freedom in her arms? It's not fair...

"Stella..." my lover doesn't answer when I moan her name, I can feel her heavy breathing on my nape while she keeps moving on my body, bumping her hips nonstop, almost squeezing me against the bed, and I raise my butt shamelessly trying to give her a better angle so she can keep entering me with her toy. "Stella..."

"Yes, Sun... come on... one more time, babe, I know you can do it..." She tangles one of her hands on my hair violently and her pull is almost painful. "Melt with me... now..." Sparks of pleasure run through my veins just a second before the world shatters around me while I writhe under her body...

"Sunny, do you want to buy a souvenir for the Rosens?" My assistant's voice snaps me back to reality and I can't help blushing while following her to the next gift shop. "Traditional pottery in this area is very colourful, what do you think about these handmade plates?"