TWENTY-EIGHT. (Stella P.O.V)

Picture by Santanu. 

'White Canvas Operation' phase twenty-nine: The Hamptons.

East Hampton.

"When you called it beach house I didn't thought you were being that literal," I mumble surprised looking at the view through the living room window: sand spreads to the right and left and the endless sea is in front of me. I don't even understand why Cassandra insisted on designing a beautiful side garden with a big swimming pool surrounded by sunbeds when the ocean is so close if you want to swim. Today is a bit cloudy but air smells heavenly far away from the city, it seems incredible but it takes little over an hour to get here from Manhattan... even less if you take a helicopter although Sun wanted to come by car since it's more eco-friendly. Unfortunately, the train is packed with people every weekend during summer and she was unable to find tickets for us.

My boss grumbles something behind me while rummaging in her bag and I look around unfazed. I can't help snorting... five months ago I'd be freaking out but I guess I got immunized against fancy interiors somehow. Maybe it's normal after having slept for weeks in the most expensive hotels of Europe or having lived in New York's apartment. This massive house is white with a grey slate roof, like traditional buildings in this area, but the marble floor of the entrance hall is cream coloured and shows a lozenge pattern, there're colourful paintings hanging from the walls but so furiously modern that I can't believe Cassie bought them, hardwood floor in all rooms, marble bathrooms, bronze lamps and practical, stylish furniture... all of that is best quality. Ceilings are very high and spotless white, kitchen is massive and the glass-covered porch looks like the perfect place to sit down with a book and a glass of wine for hours. Views from the bathtub of the master bedroom are breathtaking. This house is worth of an article in Architectural Digest magazine, so luminous and... impersonal.

There's no hint of Cassandra's taste here and it's pretty obvious she commissioned the decoration to a professional interior designer. It's fancy but not over the top, there's little colour and no antiquities... Maybe this is the way she thought a beach house should be: a place to rest and forget about everyday life. But I feel relief actually, The Hamptons is a house where I can relax without the memory of my former lover bothering me... I have a lot on my mind since Sunny's confession. It's not that I'm surprised by her words, I mean, it's obvious we both feel the same way about each other and something very intense is growing stronger between us. But I expected her to fight a bit more against her feelings, she gave up before I thought, and of course the moment she chose to do it was... it was perfect and very romantic, to be honest. In fact, I was so happy that couldn't control the tears that ran down my cheeks.

I just need to ensure the safety of my girl right now and we'll be able to start planning our life together. To hell with Cassie's will, I won't be waiting for the next six months while she gets my artistic career back on track or whatever she's planed for me, I'm not going to sneak into her bedroom like a thief hiding from the Ruperts or pretending that we're just good friends in social gatherings. We'll talk to André and Leonard tonight and find a solution to these threats and attacks with their help and then I'll shout from the rooftops that we're an item.

"Finally, here they are. I've found our tickets, shall we go?" My girl looks beautiful wearing a white dress with boat neck, dark blue stilettos and matching purse. She's could be drinking a glass of champagne on the deck of a yacht docked in the French Riviera surrounded by elegant guests.

"Of course but before let me tell you that you look stunning tonight. Sun, you'll be the prettiest girl in that party." She blushes and shakes her head in disbelief.