Reunited

"She's here! She's here! She's here, yes she is!" Mey Rin cheered, watching your carriage ride towards the manor.

You sat beside the window playing with the fabric of your old skirt.

You had been looking forward to seeing your friend, the two of you were neighbors for a brief spell while she was settled in the city.

The bubbling excitement was almost overwhelming as you thought about the years that had passed. Nevertheless, a dark pit in your stomach reminded you of your new place here. You were taking on the position as head maid at the Phantomhive manor and the prospect of such scrutiny by your new master and your company was unsettling, to put it lightly.

Your blue dress was tearing at the lower seems and your shoes were much too small. The old corset that was hidden beneath had lost its strength long ago, rendering it useless as far as you were concerned. The only thing that seemed to still fit was your bonnet.

You sighed softly watching the beautiful garden view roll away as the carriage finally stopped.

The gold handle twisted as the coachmen offered you a hand.

"Y/N!" Mey Rin screeched, her arms pulling you into one of her famously constricting hugs, "Oh, y/n, it's so good to see you again, yes it is!" She beamed.

You couldn't help but giggle at your friends silly remark. Still the same sweetheart you'd known and loved.

"Is that all your stuff, y/n?"

You looked down at the tiny trunk which your gloved hand clutched, tightly, "Oh this? Yeah. I don't have much..." You whispered the last words glumly remembering the horrid fire. "No need to worry, no no no! The young master will most definitely send you to town with some money for clothes, yes. Yes, he will." She nudged your shoulder softly.

She had led you to the top of the stairs and through the large ballroom.

You stopped to admire the craftsmanship. The marble pillars shone brightly in the crystal chandelier's light, the tiles were so spotless one could surely eat off them. The gold embellishments on the wall were no doubt real, and you were amazed.

You smiled softly as you examined all the paintings.

"Well, come on!" Mey Rin pestered, pulling you by the arm, "Here we go." She gestured toward the large room containing two beds a bath, and a set of closets and dressers.

You set the small suitcase down on the bed furthest from the door, "Am I sharing a room with you?" You inquired.

She frowned shaking her head, "Sadly, no. Well, not yet, anyway. Not until Finny and I switch rooms that is. But in the meantime you'll be staying with Sebastian." She lowered her voice leaning in towards you, "He's a charming fella, yes he is," She blushed madly, giggling in hysterics. "I'm sure the two of you will get along quite nicely." She nudged you waggling her thin red eyebrows, "I mean to share a room with, Sebastian," She sighed staring off into space hands clasped, "Oh my, my–" She was cut off by a group of chatter from the lobby of the house. "Oh, well that's them!" She giggled, "This ought to be fun!"