Chapter 48: The War, Part 4/The Finale

The War, Part 4/The Finale

“We faced them six more times after that, and every single time, we either lost someone or almost didn't make it,” Killua explained. “We got two weeks off after that and so we went to visit Alluka and Mito, we were still pretty beat up, so they patched us up and we fell asleep on the sofa,”

Gon nodded. “Once we got back to the Association, we found out that Cheadle and Morel had gotten Kite and his team to help us,”
Killua squeezed Gon's arm, knowing that the loss of Kite still plagued his mate.

“When we got back to the Dark Continent, we took a few weeks to try and come up with some type of plan, but it always failed,” Killua mentioned.
Gon got this bright, proud smile on his lips. “Killua killed the bee ant, since he was the only one immune to her poisons,” he stated, a dreamy look on his face. “It was amazing; Killua is amazing,” he praised.

The teenager's watched as Killua's face turned crimson at the praise, biting his lower lip.
“Killua is the strongest! I'm so proud,” Gon voiced.
Killua whined. “Gon! Y-you can't say stuff like that! It's not-it wasn't even that amazing,” he mumbled.

Izuku sweat dropped as his parents started to argue. Killing someone was something weird for someone else to be proud of, but then again, this was his parents, and they were the embodiment of weird.

“Anyway, I killed the bee ant, and the three times after that were total failures since the snow leopard ant and bear ant were the strongest guards left. In those three times, we managed to lose the entirety of Kite's team,” Killua trailed off, gazing with distant eyes at his lap.

“And we lost Palm and Kite on the same day,” Gon added softly, the grip he had on Killua's thigh tightened painfully, but the omega said nothing.
The room grew quiet for a while as the two adults sorted through their memories.

--

They had gotten split up, which wasn't supposed to happen; it wasn't according to plan, but when did things ever go accordingly? Killua wasn't sure where the others were, but he couldn't focus on that too much.

Instead, he had to focus on dodging every strike the snow leopard was aiming at him. Palm was by his side, fighting with everything she had, as did he. This ant was just too powerful, and after every strike, whether she landed it or not, she grew faster and stronger, her strikes growing deadlier by the second.

The ant landed a powerful hit to his stomach, able to match his incredible speed. He had nearly used up all of his electricity and he paid dearly for it. He had slowed down, it was just as Godspeed was finished and he was not fast enough without it to dodge the powerful kick.

His ribs cracked and broke, blood flying from his mouth as he was sent flying back through trees, crashing painfully into a stone boulder where he slid slowly down to slump onto the ground.

It was extremely painful to breathe, but he forced his lungs to expand and take in air. He wheezed with every breath, gritting his teeth not to let out any pained sounds. Palm had stopped paying attention to their enemy, instead turning around to look at him in worry.

He screamed at her, told her to pay attention and that he was fine. Palm continued to fight, and Killua took this moment to properly catch his breath. He regrets not standing up instantly and helping Palm. If he had, she might still be alive.

Instead, the ant kicked her in the chest; Killua could hear bone cracking and breaking from where he had slumped. Palm was sent flying and the ant turned to him. She focused her aura into her hand, and a ball of pure aura focused there.