Chapter 5 - A Snake Threatens Me. Yay.

*Hey hey hey! Hola amigos! I'm sorry I'm a bad person who sucks at updating uhhh.... But here's a new and slightly less terrible chapter for y'all! Also, I have over 100 reads so yayyyyyyyyyy! School's starting tomorrow, so that means I might actually have a more defined schedule, which will result in more timely updates. Whaaat? I have the ability to update regularly? That's insane omagods!
So yeah, enjoy this chapter... I started writing the next one right away!*

I almost laughed at the look on Percy's face. But I managed to contain my amusement for the sake of the boy in front of me. The poor dude had just learned that he had a demigod sister. That Poseidon had a daughter.

He slowly lowered himself back onto his bed. "This- you- this cannot be happening..."

He buried his head in his hands and sighed shakily, "What do you mean, you're my sister?"

As much as I felt sorry for him, my brother had to get acquainted with the fact that he wasn't the only half-blood offspring of the sea god. Brother. Wow. "Face it bro," I began, "Our dad, Poseidon, got a little too comfortable with my mom. That whole fiasco ended in me being your sister and my mother losing her life. So stop sulking and act like a brother."

My tone took on a dangerous edge towards the end of my little speech, surprising not just Percy, but me as well, especially because I was unaware of those thoughts being bottled up inside me.

I didn't know much about my mother, except for the fact that her name was Coraline and that she had a thing for sea gods. That last part I figured out on my own. I never really had the chance to get to know my mother, considering her early demise (the cause of which I was not aware of) before I could even speak. I, therefore, didn't exactly bawl my eyes out whenever I thought of her. Usually, a tear or two found their way to my cheeks, but that was it.

When I found out I was adopted, I presumed I didn't have a family outside my father and adoptive parents. Now that I accepted the fact that I had a brother, I needed him to actually be one. Not just a brother by chance, but a brother by choice.

It was because of this thought that my eyes had turned into the Niagara Falls.

I was pulled out of my trance by Percy saying something. "No, please don't cry. I'm sorry if I said anything wrong. I never meant to hurt you or anything, I was just shocked. It's not everyday that you find out you have a younger sister... But I promise I won't ever let you down. The last time I neglected a sibling..." he shook his head, "It didn't go exactly as planned. But I'm not gonna let anything like that happen ever again."

I looked into his eyes, which showed genuine concern, and nodded in understanding. It wasn't exactly love at first sight when he found out about Tyson, but he eventually warmed up to the big dude. How do I know all of this without anybody telling me, you ask? Well, I told you. I've read the books. I considered telling him about my unusually excessive knowledge about him and the rest of his world, but decided against it, as I didn't know how he'd react to the information. I'd wait for Chiron to tell him.

Percy suggested we get breakfast before we talked more and I happily agreed; I was starving. Also, I didn't know what to say after my sudden outburst, but he didn't need to know that.

_._🔱_._

I walked to the dining pavilion alone. Percy wanted to catch up on the stuff happening around camp, and I respected that. Besides, I didn't wanna be there when he found out about Jason, that is, if he didn't know already. Yes, Jason, son of Jupiter, the Blonde Superman, was no more. Jason was like Percy's brother. I couldn't imagine his sorrow. I remember crying for three hours straight when I read about his death, of which I'll spare you the details. I knew Percy well enough to know he wouldn't take it well.