II

Our journey started out in a room with white walls, and in it filled with beds and cribs. If I had to guess I would say they expected to have more people like us in here, but for majority of my life it was only me. Around the time I turned 21, X and Z were placed into two of the cribs in the room. I was so lonely but X and Z brought hope and into my life.
        For their first year of life they had no human contact because they were in incubators that took care of their every need. When they officially turned one the incubators lost their cover, and I was  able to pick them up. When the warmth of their tiny little bodies melted into my arms I knew that I had to try everything I could to get us out of here so they could have a better life.
     It took me almost a year to put my plan into action. It had 3 basic steps.

1) Read all the books that could help with our escape and practice my skills

2) Create a painting that is an exact replica of what the security camera would see

3) and finally, find the hidden emergency exit and where it would leave us

A week before X and Z 's birthday I put everything into motion. I said goodnight to our guards,Steve and Jarred, and did my normal exercise routine so I don't seem suspicious. I then walked to the bathroom and put the painting over the camera's making to security monitors only see the painting. With the security camera's taken care of I grabbed the bedsheets I planned on using to carry my siblings. At first the squirmed to get comfortable but they quickly calmed down to the sound of my heartbeat. Knowing that it was now or never I walked over to the bathroom sink and pushed with all my might. It slowly opened to reveal what looked like a slide. With a slim idea of where it lead we slid down into the darkness.